Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new ITP mudlites on T-5 wheels; 26x10x12 all around... I took it out for a ride.Very little difference in the ride but still just as smooth as the stocks, Didn't notice much of a power loss, I still can bring the front end up. The 10's on the front do catch a little bit more on rocks but i will have to adjust to it...I love the look !!!! addition photo's in profile..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Makes a world of difference going from the no-tread stockers to some real claws. Looks great. You won't need 4x4 nearly as often either. The front tires do catch a little more but you did 3 things: larger diameter, aggressive treads, and a wider track that make the difference. You will adjust in no-time and if you ride fast, you'll really notice the real change in the handling of the bike. It won't dip and feel pushy and loose like it used to....you will have a lot better control of the machine. Thats why I sold my stockers, I just couldn't see going back after the changes it made.
You'll push your bike a little further with the new treads but you will be a lot more confident of the machine's capabilities. Since Honda was going to use a radial tire, they should have at least used something closer to the ITP ATR or similar. It would have made a major difference in the machine right out of the box......Just my opinion...later.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking real good there jg03rincon!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got the 25 inch mudlights and can't believe the difference. I'm mostly happy with the ability to corner at high speed without feeling like it's gunna roll over. The stock tires at 2 ply just don't cut it. Looks good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
jg03rincon,
I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the fender guards with the footpegs? I am looking for something like that and haven't had any luck finding them. I agree 100% with everyone on this. The Mudlites are great and for the price Honda could and should make them or something similar standard issue. I see what the Polaris comes with stock and I'm like Damn, I got the shaft. Who's up for starting a petition?! I think you made a good choice with the 26" too. I went w/25's and wish I had a little more for the big holes.(see pic) Had to get tugged outa this one.Thanks.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Kimpex peg set at my local dealer, "Just for fun Honda," Brian (440) 632-1362 [email protected] The kimpex are little better build then the other brands out there. also they lock in the up right position when you don;t have a rear rider.. that is nice so it doesn't trap your leg in.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too make it little bit easier for me; I know there are lots of dealers out there that sell these sets but I've been receiving several emails asking where i bought my wheel set from. I purchased it from

Craig Castleberry
eXtreme Outdoor Products (www.xopco.com)
895 Shirley Ln
Boulder City, NV 89005
702-280-0764

·
Registered
280 Posts
Installed my 25's and T-5's today, with 5# air in the Mudlites. Wow what a difference. Alot less body roll, powerslides like a SRA quad(well, almost LOL),
no more instabilitly on loose gravel. The slight loss of ride comfort is more than offset by the better control. Should have done this months ago.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[No message]

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[No message]

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i felt the same way when i installed mine. You think you have slight loss of ride comfort... I didn;t think so at all, maybe the extra control makes me think differently.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you like the 5psi> for the tires

·
Registered
280 Posts
5 or 6 is what I was told was best for the Mudlites on a Rinny.
I am using 6 on the Rancher, too.
So far I like it just fine. A bit stiff on the Rancher, but stabilty and powerslides are AWESOME with 6.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The time has come to shed off my stock tires and gets some new shoes for the rinny. I'm happy to see yall satisfied with your mudlites. I noticed Jg03rincon went with 10's all around. I was thinking of going with 26", 9's on front and 12's on back. Are the 12's too much? And will these fit on the stock rims? I noticed everyone had new wheels too. They look great just didnt know if that was the only reason for buying them.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
280 Posts
all 12" diameter Mudlites will fit on the stock wheels. Don't
think 12" wide would be too much myself. Never tried it though. I always stay with stock sizes, for handling and strain on the drivetrain reasons.
I don't know about Jg03rincon, but I like having 2 sets of tires and wheels,
which is why I bought the T-5s along with the mudlites. BTW, IMHO, Mudlites
are the best general purpose tire available. Have had them on 3 quads, and won't
buy any others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts