Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question, I went to my local dealership and bought the K&N air filter that they suggested would fit. I went home and tried it on and the opening to the filter was the same diameter as the plastic tube on the rincon, you know, the one that you place the metal basket on the inside while you place the OEM filter element on the outside. Seems like there should be another size. On the box it says rubicon, but that was what K&N suggested to my local dealer. What is wrong with this picture? Is it me????

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Rubicon and the Rincon use the same K&N filter, HA-5000. I personally have the Uni but your K&N should slide over the tube and tighten with the hose clamp. If it is tight, try loosening the clamp and see if you can slide it on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The K&N has a hard plastic base so there is no forcing it onto the plastic on the bike, that is what I found to be so odd. I checked with a moose filter and that too was alot bigger... Same size as OEM. Any ideas??? Maybe my bike was built on Feb 29th...

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have a couple mods to my machine to increase low-end power, but I'm still running a stock air filter. My question, is there a large change in power between stock and K&N? Will i notice the difference even with the mods i already have?
Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
It's not a major change but it seem to work better with the dj kit. More air, more fuel= better power. Since you already have the dj, you may need to re-jet after you install the filter kit. (same problem I have with the 2" tip- still playing around with the jetting)

·
Registered
613 Posts
You really think i might need to Re-jet?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Maybe I'm just too particular but when I installed the dj kit the first time it was perfect just by their settings. I installed the K&N @ the same time and everything was great until I added the ss tip. Have been messing with the jets ever since because the throttle response from idle to WOT is not nearly as good as it was without it. If I can't get it right, I'll probably just put the factory tip back on, it's almost hunting season anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts