Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the good info on this site! I have NO mechanical abiltiy so I'm paranoid to put a jet kit on my Rincon, besides my dealer could make a ton off me just keeping it tuned. Anyways, will a K & N airfilter improve the performance and will it be noticable???

Also does anyone have a FIPK or Typhoon air intake system by K & N? Do they make them for a Rincon? Are they worth the cost? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Buckeye,
I will tell you my opinion about the K&N filter and jet kit. There is noticable improvement in the low end but I haven't noticed one in the top end. I would not have been disappointed if I had not changed them out since the Rincon is quite an admirable performer by itself. I use my Rincon to get me in and out of the woods, just like my Jeep did. I do not race it, go in mud intentionally, or pull heavy loads. I don't think the Rincon was designed for that. It is a compromise between the sport and utility quads, and therefor isn't the best in either category. Unless you have specific requirements that have a need for modifications, I would leave it stock and just enjoy the heck out of it. If you have a need for speed, get a sport bike, if you want to haul big loads, get a utility model.

John

·
Registered
322 Posts
The k&n by itself will not make any improvements, it seem'd to hinder mine. I installed it before the jet kit and went for a quick ride, did not like it at all. I took it back out and re-installed it withe the jet kit..then I noticed the difference........Works great with the dynojet but not by itsellf.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ridge Runner,
Smyrna Ga. huh? I used to live there when I attended Life Chiropractic College. Thanks for your input.
Bukeye Rincon

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ridge Runner,
Smyrna Ga. huh? I used to live there when I attended Life Chiropractic College. Thanks for your input.
Bukeye Rincon

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh, no... not another Lifer... j/k... had several friends that went there... never was a fan of Chiro, till my buddy got me in there for his clinic sessions... it's nice to function without back pain... probably caused by the rinny... :) but i have wondered off topic... again...

As for the K&N, the filter alone did help out the low end a bit... i didn't run it much like that, since a couple of days after i got the filter i put on an HMF pipe and jetted it... that did make a BIG difference... i am afraid if i put the stock tires back on, i will flip it on its lid if i punch it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts