Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to get anything started, but has anyone ridden the suzuki yet? I have and damn its a nice bike! It really impressed me in every aspect. You should check em out if your thinking of a new quad.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
A buddy of mine bought one, he had ridden my Rincon for about 80 miles at the Hatfield & McCoy trailsthen he bought the King Quad 700 and did the same trail ride, he said it has more power but doesn't handle or have the plush ride like the Rincon. His transmission exploded and dropped reverse gear at 11 miles causing a lot of damage, Suzuki gave him a new one and took his back to find out what went wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Always ride red. Best on earth!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I second that... where did you find that rear bumper... and can you pull from it.....

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I did a search and found ATVenture online at http://www.atventure-accessories.com

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear about your buddys misfortune BKR, but thats the sort of stuff that can happen with a first year run. I think the suzuki does have a higher center of gravity, but the suspension is also adjustable, something the rinny despartely needs. I would take a higher CG, if I could have all those other features such as low-range, dual front disc brakes, Adj. suspension, EFI, Third headlight,and a Locking Diff. to name a few.

That rear bumper does look awesome,do they have a matching front?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just ordered rear bumper from atventure-accessories, just wondering if BKR painted his to match his racks, cause the one I've got coming is black, no silver available.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Sorry about not answering sooner, I am only on here a few times a week. I bought the rear bumper at the ATV Expo that was held in Louisville, KY this past October, the ATVenture people had a booth behind mine and I purchased one of their displays after the show. As far as I knew, they have this and the matching front in the silver as I have. I didn't care for the front bumper so I went with the Warn. As for the non adjustable suspension, I will be going with a set of Works shocks all around soon.
I use this bike as more of a display unit for what I can get in my shop, I've had this bike since Feb 04 and only have 200 miles on it.
Kimpex had a Rincon at the Expo set up with a TRAX system and many other options, I will try to get the pics downloaded soon and post one of it.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Another pic. Better view of the bumper.

·
Registered
328 Posts
One of my friends just bought a king quad a couple weeks ago. $7500 out the door with a winch. We raced down the road the other day, and he smoked me (I have an 05 Rincon). I hit 63mph, and he got up to 72. I rode it a couple times and it is a nice machine. It wheelies easier too. We haven't done any serious muddin yet, but from what I can tell, they are pretty well matched. He did say mine is more comfortable to ride though. ........Just thought I'd share.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Looked but have only ridden on pavement. The frame looks weak to me, just like the King Quad. I would not think one will survive a roll over well. The rear IRS is pretty crude looking and only the preload on the shocks is adjusatble. The third light is not missed by me, my old 450 s had one, and they have a high center of gravity which makes them easy to flip. They have strong moters but the same very old rubber band drive. Other than 700 cc of EFI engine ( and front disks) I see abolutley no advantages over the Rinny.

As for a previous comment about first year run machines tossing trannies as normal, I say BS. That is why Honda takes longer to put the machines in the showrooms. My rinny was a first year run and so was my previous 450 s. Both get ridden a lot and have never had any problems.

I have never heard of a Rinny self destructing yet even on this forum.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Don't they now make a 750...

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
The Kawasaki Brute Force is a 750 twin. The most pwerfull piece of crap I have ever ridden. My neighbor hot rodded a golf cart that will now hit 70 mph. I do not think the added velocity makes it a great ATV though.....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Corndog,, are you saying the Brute is bad or the king 700efi or both. I drove the 700efi when i was looking into Atv, and yes it might be fast but I felt much better with the Rincon. Also i thought the RIncon was overall better machine in general

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
As you can probaly tell from my posts I am an obsessed Honda fan. The KQ, Grizzly, and the BF are all good machines and are better than a Polaris anything. But the Rinny is a "state of the art" utility machine that makes a great sport bike.

If your riding style or area means you need a turbo-charged, 4 wheel drive ATV that will out pull a Diesel tractor in low range to carry all your shit to the woods then buy something else. But if you want a smooth ride at decent speed over the worst of terrain give me my Rinny.

I do not want anything that is prone to flipping over either. The only Rinny flips I have witnessed occured long after the rider parted ways with the machine and not while they were sitting on it...And the Rinnys survived the flips to ride off into the sunset...albeit a little bent and worse for wear. A roll over can total many other quads out there...

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I'm with ya corndog, I've had just about all others. I'll stick with Honda from here on out. Kawasuckie, Sudookie and POOlaris can come out with whatever they want. They still can't touch the quality of a Honda.This is my son's Honda 125. It's an '86 model. Do you know of any other brands that if you just do the regualar service they still run great after 18 yrs??...LOL

·
Registered
338 Posts
well i thought iw anted a KQ,got the chance to ride one yesterday,nothing about the machine wowed me enough to get one right now,sure it has a little more oomph..not much and definately the low end is lacking,it takes till 10-15mph before it really kicks??now from 20 on up it feels faster than the rincon but hey how often do i ride faster than 30 mph....the handling is no where near what my rincon is with the works shocks...i will say the seat to handlebar to foot pegs felt real good and comfortable....now if i hadn't already owned the rincon then i probably would get one but i didn't feel there was enough reason to jump ship yet,it sure looked good on paper but it just didn't feel right for me and what i do with a quad..

i actually felt the grizzly with 7500 miles on it i test drove was better???felt stronger anyway..all the big bores are so close i guess it will be real hard for one to really be that much better then the other..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well,...Went riding Saturday in about 12 inches of snow. The temp was around 10 degrees out and there was 3 Rincons, and 1 King Quad. My buddy on the King Quad had problems with the belt slipping all day long on and off. He has 150 miles on it. He's pissed !!. I rode in front most of the day, and It was unbelievable the amount of snow I was going through (stock tires). The snow for the better part of the day, was coming over the front rack. Afew times, I even busted through 4ft tall drifts to get to the RR tracks. By the time I got home, there had to of been 100+ lbs of ice and snow packed in the Rincon. I had to stop a couple of times during the day to chip away the ice on the a arms because I couldn't turn the thing. The Rinny is inside in heated storage now de-icing getting ready for next weekend........

1 - 20 of 58 Posts