Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the years I’ve been on this forum it sure seems like it is dying based upon the lack of activity and new members. In no way is this tied to the members’ loyalty to the Rincon, it is that the Rincon is now outdated relative to the competition, way outdated. Anyone heard of credible improvements to the Rincon? I still love my 2012 and it does all I need yet it has room for improvement but later versions are still nearly identical. I’d love for the sight to be revitalized by new owners of new versions but until Honda steps up and makes radical changes this is a dying platform. Thanks for reading my rant.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Being new to the ATV world and buying a 2003 Rincon I'm thinking it's more a change in the times.
Fuel injection means less tinkering and better performance.
Lots of info here if you dig around so why join the talk.

As far as the comment of Honda needs to make some changes to the machines, ( If it ain't broke, don't touch it).
Don't mean to be a butt head but a member for 5 years and a 135 posts could apply also.

:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rincon is still an amazing machine and meets most folks needs. Given the tenure of the same design it makes it easily and inexpensively repairable given the quantity of parts because everything has been the same for so long. I'd compare it to the Toyota Tacoma, it had been the same forever. We all know that with a few slight improvements the Rincon would be at the top of the heap in short order. By staying the same it helps with resale value, not that I'll be selling anytime soon. I just like to see the best that it could be and Rincon is now a generation behind.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Power steering would be nice.. No complaints otherwise
I sold my Rincon 2 years ago and bought a 2017 Rubicon with p/s. Loved everything about it except the lack of power and 5 speed transmission. I decided to sell it and a buddy of mine wanted it. He was riding a Rancher 420 with p/s and IRS. I tried to tell him there was limited power, but he wanted it, so I sold it to him. His statement was, I like it, but its not the upgrade I expected from the Rancher. So doing some research I noticed the 2015 and newer Brute Force 750, had the same seat height, the same wheel base and almost the same weight as the Rubicon. I found a good deal on a 2016 with 200 miles and I bought it. Now it's a v-twin, so there isn't any comparison when it comes to power. Its really fast. The power steering is great. But the belt drive always bothers me. And it doesn't handle as well, or even close, to how well the Rubicon did. If Honda put P/S on the Rincon, I swear, I would sell the Brute Force and buy a Rincon tomorrow. Now this is just a forum, and anyone can say anything they want. But I have 3 buddies of mine who would do the same thing. Yea, one guy has my old Rubicon. Keep in mind we're all order and have pretty good jobs, so I'm not talking about pissing money away, I'm talking about spending money on our main hobby. I'll be 51 this year, and if I could buy a Rincon with P/S it would probably be the last ATV I ever owned. Because sooner or later I'll be in a SXS full time, and hopefully its a Talon.

I'm not bashing the Rincon, or this site. I would guess about 80% of people would love to see a updated Rincon with power steering. But don't put that freaking slow 5 speed DCT transmission in it. Stick with what it is.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
8,066 Posts
Mine is a 2003. It has almost 13,000 miles on it. It still runs as well as the day I bought it. I have other toys occupying my time, but I still fire it up and use it around the house quite often. The carb has always worked fine. The drum brakes have never needed shoes. I have owned 6 Toyota trucks.......hmm.

I think it is partly that all ATVs are now second chair to the new SXS machines. One ride in the woods will show you this. I still like my Rincon.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Whats there to rant about? Forums are on the downgrade thanks to smart phones. The Rincon itself I dont know, I still have\love my 2004 yellow Rincon, works like new.....needs new shoes though.

I used to be on this forum and others daily but Facebook, Whatsapp and Messenger have taken over my life. I still look at Forums like the JeepForum, Tractorbynet and Rinconriders but its changed from daily to seldom. Glad to see RinconRiders still going strong.

Wow my join date is Aug 2004, has it really been 15 years already?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have recently messaged Honda Power Sports TWICE. The first email was regarding them stepping into the sport SXS market and that this is a huge market that Honda has even touched yet. Honda responded to me with something along the lines of ‘we can’t disclose future releases on upcoming models but stay connected with new exciting models coming in the future’. I took this as a brush me off kinda response but a couple months later, they unveiled the Talon! After the Talon was released, I then again messaged Honda about putting a similar engine in an ATV and they gave me a similar response to my first enquiry. I’m hopeful they’ll do it again and shock us with a twin cylinder ATV. Maybe not a 1000cc but at least an 800cc. But then again, I’ve been waiting for that since 2012 after getting my Rincon.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
It is the nature of forums dedicated to any model of anything to decline in time. When the item (be it a pickup, quad, some sort of tool) is new, folks are posting about a quirk, problem and solution, and upgrades.

Now, there are a bunch of old threads about everything from tire choice to valve adjustment, so most people with an issue just search and find an answer.

That said, if a twin powered version of the Rincon were to come out...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish they would make a bigger quad aswell. When the 420 rancher first came out it dominated. I know the Rubicon is their golden child. But it would be nice to have a 5speed tranny and the adjustable shocks and locker. But Honda is stuck in their ways. And I'd rather have dependability over power any day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Visited 02-13-2014 at 01:39 AM
Been a while since I last logged in
Sold the Rincon
Miss it
I prefer forums over other forms of social media
Just my 2 cents
Enjoy the rincons , I may just have to own another

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe the Talon will be the answer to an upgraded Rincon. Here is a nice review of some hard riding on the Talon. Fingers crossed on a revival.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If they would just add dynamic power steering to the Rincon, lots of us would be back to riding one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts