Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
the rincon was sitting a few years with the same tank of fuel when I bought it,I cleaned the Jets out and soaked the carb good,it runs great except it’s running gas out the over flow.I checked the float and valve and they are not sticking.I cleaned it out several times but it keeps overflowing,Is there any outher valve I’m missing or should I just buy a new carb and stop chasing my tail.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
The part number for the Primer Pump Assy is 16048-HN7-003. Prices range from $60 to $75.

Reactions: mouse action

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was the float sticking as the bowl continues to fill up and overflow,it’s not leaking at the primer,,,I’m giving up on this carb and ordered a oem new one.on and off to many times to try and fix it.full of gunk for so long .

·
Premium Member
8,091 Posts
Usually the float needle where it sits on the rubber seat will be the leaker. Even if the float is not noted to be sticking. I store mine with the gas turned off so it is not pressurizing the carb.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
When mine did that I rebuilt the carb and put in a new float and needle. The needle seat can't be replaced. None of it worked and I bought a new carb. Don't buy a cheep China carb. You can't get parts for them and I have found it is 50/50 if they work right. Buy OEM it will cost you a couple of hundred bucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When mine did that I rebuilt the carb and put in a new float and needle. The needle seat can't be replaced. None of it worked and I bought a new carb. Don't buy a cheep China carb. You can't get parts for them and I have found it is 50/50 if they work right. Buy OEM it will cost you a couple of hundred bucks.
I agree,that’s the way I’m going.ordered original Honda carb,,thanks all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts