Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what is going on here? I don't know a whole lot about these machines and what is what on them. It looks like I have a bad seal here, but coolant is dripping from this nipple at a pretty good rate. I could smell antifreeze badly on my last ride. No lights, steam, or signs of overheating. If anyone can point me in the right direction for a fix, I'd really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,042 Posts
That nipple should have a breather hose attached to it. The seals are worn out in your water pump. Time to replace or rebuild the pump. It may be possible to get just the seals for the water pump, but I recall you need to use seals from a different model......or something (Honda used to not sell the seals for the rincon pump, but others fit).

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Yeah that appears to be the weep hole for the water pump. Allows coolant from failed coolant seal a place to go, besides pushing past the oil seal and ending up in the crankcase. Should have a hose on it, later ones with kind of a dog leg. The hose is intended to keep grit from getting up there and taking out the seal.

Coolant should be changed every 2 years.

Here’s a video with part numbers, that shows water pump coolant seal, and oil seal replacement.

https://youtu.be/0LSrW1LwEfQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts