Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toolman posted a similar thread but I was unsure if it was the same issue. I am seeing my bypass hose (coming out of the water pump) leak water... well not really leak. The water is coming out of the hose, but my question is how to stop this. Any ideas? Does it mean that there is a block somewhere else in the line?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Schef!
Mine was doing the same I just thighted the hose clamp and it was o.k.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope it could be that simple, but which clamps (I will go check them all after I finish typing this) but the water is coming out of the drain hose, not really from a loose connection. I'm off to check...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Service Manual pays off again. "Check the drain hose for signs of coolant leakage. If there is leakage, the mechanical seal is defective, and the mechanical seal should be replaced."

·
Registered
338 Posts
it takes a total of 20 mins to change the water pump on the rincon,man everytime i have to do something on the rincon i am amazed at how user friendly it is to work on..

·
Registered
338 Posts
good thing its easy,this water pump failed too,only 2 rides and 300 miles..it comes as an assembly,.so i guess something was wrong from the plant..at 150.00 i may have to take out a new loan on the house....i still love the rinny..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts