Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some postings about the clearance benefits of lift kits, stiffer springs, and oversized tires with much interest as I hate bottoming out as much as the next guy. However, I have some concerns that I'd appreciate some opinions on. With the lift or the springs, isn't there an increase in the CV joint angle which would make them more prone to failure? Also, wouldn't larger tires increase the the amount of torque applied to the axles and the joints as well? Has anyone experienced noticable power or acceleration loss due to the taller gearing and increased unsprung weight of larger tires? I'm hoping that the Rincon is over-constructed and none of factors will be an issue but I'd prefer to hear the experience of others. My buddy's Polaris has a lift and big tires,looks cool,climbs over everything, and chews up an axle and/or a CV joint every couple weeks. I'd rather be out riding.

·
Registered
800 Posts
the stock rincon leaves you with the feeling that it could be so much better with just a few mods.the queston you have to ask yourself is what kind of a 4wheeler do i want?from reading most all the post on this site,everyone is looking to get somthing driffrent out of his/her rincon. to each his owen, you can make as many mods to the bike as there are members to this forum.the 1 mod that everyone says needs to be done is replace the stock tires. and thats when it all starts (1 mod leeds to another) lol as for a lift kit and springs thats a bit overkill for me but now that i started doing mods to my rinny i hope to someday be able to stop lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run 27/10-12 and 27/12-12 mudlites on itp alum wheels in the winter and 25/8r12 and 25/10r12 Carlisle badland xtr's in the summer. The mudlites destroy my yard in the summer and I mow with my atv. Yeah there is a little power loss due to the increased size but not much. I can still ride a wheelie with the 27" tires without any problem. You have to put in the dyno jet kit and K&N air filter. People who tell you that it doesn't make a difference are either too cheap to spend the money or didn't put it in right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
DO NOT put in a lift kit!! You can run 27" tires stock. The lift will destroy your cv shafts and they do not handle as good with a lift kit in. I have ridden them and have a friend that put one in.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BuckNaked...really...a wheelie with 27s...mine won't even come close with stock tires and wheels...I guess the filter and jet kit make a big difference...do your 27s rub on the fenders?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine would not pull the front wheels in stock form at all. The jet kit & 26's at the same time and it will pull-em up any time you want.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice...I'm feeling a winter project coming

1 - 7 of 7 Posts