Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a locker in the front of their rincon. I do alot of rock climbing and I think a locker will help me alot, but I am wondering how the steering will be affected with a locker. What types of lockers do they make for the rincons.

·
Registered
807 Posts
check the posts here on gearless locker.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which post I have done a search but still couldn,t find anything.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi 04RinconMan!
I have installed one on my rincon and am totally satisfied,when your not on 4x4 you will not notice any difference but when in 4x4 you'll find your machine a bit harder to steer,but believe me you wont recognize your machine you'll be able to go where you could'nt before.This is my second bike that I installed the detroit gearless locker and I have no complaint on it,I also did the installation myself and it is not that hard if you already do a bit of mechanic yourself.Go ahead try it you wont' regret.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply Minor. You said that you done your installation yourself didn't you. I was told that your front end had to be sent off because of some machine work that was needed for the locker is this true if not how hard was it to install the gearless locker.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi 04RinconMan!
For the machining part that needs to be done Highlifter send with the gearless locker all the explanation they will need.The machine shop just charge me 20.00$ to do it and it took them 10 minutes.For the installation you should get yourself a service manuel for the rincon you'll find the job a lot easier.If the machine shop take your part right away it's a day of work to take the bike apart and put it back together.Whenever you have your diff apart take care not to mix the two shim there is one on both side of the diff and they should go at the same place,they tend to stick to the diff with the oil.You'll see what I mean by the shim when you have it apart.If you take your time to do it,it should go smoothly.I had never work on a diff before my first gearless locker an I didn't had any problem.Let us know how it went.(sorry for the orthograph mistake my english is not to good.)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Miner,
With the machine work that has to be done does it prevent you from putting it back stock if you wanted to. Also what part of the diff has to have machine work done to it. I'm sorry to keep asking so many questions I just want to make sure this is something that I want to do before I venture off into this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello 04RinconMan!
I'm not 100% shure it would prevent you from putting it back to original but that lip must be there form the other parts of the diff you will have to remove to install the gearless locker I would say that you would need that part in new.If you go on the Highlifter web site you can get the same instruction that come with the gearless locker,you'll be able to see the part that need to be machine.when you open your diff and take it out you'll see 8 bolts to remove to have acess to the inside of your diff gear.Then you'll have the 2 part off the diff it's one of them that need to be machine inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts