Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys looking for some advice: I've talked about this 100x but still not sure, Don't get mad.

I really like the Mud lites tires But…..
I’m not sure if I want to stay with the 25” or should I go to 26”, I don’t mind too much of the power lose if it’s minimal. But I’ve heard so many stories. I have K&N Jet kit and 2”tip so that helps, but I still have the stock air filer, maybe I’ll change that soon.

Is the 26: really going to change the machine that much? I wouldn’t think so but just asking. Can I hear some stories, good or bad.
Thanks for you help

·
Registered
322 Posts
JG03,

The dj kit more than makes up for the minimal loss of power and definitely changes the characteristics of the bike .....Better handling right off the bat, much better traction and a little better ground clearance. With the ITP wheels it also made mine feel much more stable.-----Bottom line : what you gain from the tire will more than make up for the little loss in power.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, Thanks

Is there a recommendation on what size is best?:
26x10x12’s -front / 26x12x12’s -rear or 26x10x12’s all around?
Will all these mudlite tires sizes fit on my black stock rims if I would decide to keep them as a spare set?…

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have 26x12x12 rear and 26x10x12 front and if I had it to do over again I would have definitely gone with 26x10x12 at all 4 corners. I love the way the bike looks with these tires but they really don't need to be that wide on the rear. They do sling a little more mud and rocks from the rear because of the width. As for the stock wheels, they will fit but I would stay with the 26x10x12 instead of 2 different sizes........My reccomendation: ITP wheels and tires and just swap-em.............I had the stock wheels and tires for a while but decided I would never use them again so I sold em.

I put 2 old pics in my profile of the tires and wheels right after I installed em.-------->

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Like stated earlier I would get the Mudlites with another set of wheels. I have a set of 27 in ones and loved them but when riding of faster trails and around my house I lost to much power with the bigger tires. I will be putting my Mudlites onto my factory wheels because I already had give away my factory tires to one of my buddies.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is CRAZY I was just about to a post on letting you guys know how much I thank you all for stearing me towards tha mudlites and also giving a BIG personnal thanks to RINCON1 for telling me to go with tha 26-10-12's on all 4 corners,MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! he hit it RIGHT ON with that recommendation.Those tires set tha rinny up really nice with tha stock wheels and handle GREAT!!!!! My Ramsey 2500 will be here in tha a.m.so I'll DIFFINANTLY be in tha woods on saturday and sunday putting up those last 2 tree stands across tha creek!!!! Gone

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So going with 26x10X12 all around will also help with the power loss, correct? or is it too little to notice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have 26-9-12 front and 26-10-12 in the rear, because I rode my buddies wheeler with 10s in the front and it seemed to catch alot of rocks & stumps wich i didnt realy care for. But the 26-9-12 has closer center lugs that give smother ride at low speeds (big deal! i know)+ the lugs are thicker on the 9s. but overall a great tire . Also as i dont see a need for a 12 inch wide rear tire is just for looks ( my opinon, to each his own )

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree their will not be much of a difference between the 25's and 26's. I say if you want the 26's go for it...

·
Registered
322 Posts
You're gonna see a little difference in steering no matter what you do if yer goin from stock to any tire with a more aggressive tread, but another good thing about all 4 the same size is you can swap em front to rear especially if you have aftermarket wheels the same (ITP's etc). Some of us are a little harder on tires than others........Me!.......But don't get me wrong, I have to ride a little ways on blacktop to get to several trails and these things are holding up very well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what are your thoughts about dna cast wheels?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I cant answer that one.....I don't know anyone that has a set......Maybe someone else can shed some light on those.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'll tell u what!! i run 27-11-12 rear 27-9-12 front 589's on itp type 4 c-series rim i have no problem with power except starting in thick mud so i whent to highlifter and got a set of clutch springs witch allows more rev. build before trann. engagement works WONDERS but wide in back throws a lot of mud on u but also it helps in this aspect when u go down a rutted muddy trail usally it;s caused by bikes with skinnier tires witch allows yours to ride up a little higher and lets the side lug's work for u on normal trails i use itp 26-10-12 rear 26-8 12 front hole shot radials your rims are nice from itp because the widen your stance on off kilters they make u feel much more secure sorry about rambling hope it helps

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guess what !! I just ordered mudlites 26x10x12 all around on my NEW ITP T5, I should have them next week...I didn't like the look of my bike so i had to do something. I've heard nothing but GREAT things about this combo.. They are the lightest wheels only 7.5lbs and the one of the strongest rim out in the market today, also they look cool...well lets see when i get them installed, i will keep you posted along with photos, Can you tell that i'm excited!!!!! Hell, looking positive; if i'm the slowest atv out there at least i'll look good ...haha

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good choice......you'll like em.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes im sure on the 26-9-12 mudlites, it took me 2 months to get them but I belive STAN LEE at honda parts world may have a set, I got mine at donelsencycle.com or call & talk to mike. the deal was they were on back order everywhere the first part of the summer, but now there in, i beleve dennis kirk has them now also
all in all they do make a 26-9-12 mudlite XL , i have 2 on my rincon

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I am running the ITP T-5 wheels with 26-9-12 and 26-12-12 Bridgestone Mud Hook XXTreme tires. The rears are a little on the wide side and stick out a good ways from the fenders but overall I like this set up, they don't ride rough and the pull extremely good.
The 26-9-12 Mud Lite is available, call toll free for the best prices 1-877-407-6213, shipping on tire sets or tire and wheel sets is only $20.00

1 - 20 of 24 Posts