Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for all of the best performance modifications for my Rincon. I am not really into mud, but really like high speed trail riding. A little creek riding and things like that I also liked mixed in their too. :)

Anyway, I want something to give me some more umphh to really fly. I don't want to improve my top speed, I know I can't do that unless I get some other higher rev limiter. I want lots of low end torque and really good powerful midrange.

Also, does anyone know anything about porting and polising the cylinder head?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Ya know, as much as I hate Highlifter, they're the ones that have a major power kit for the Rincon. It's a 715cc big bore kit. They also sell an optional Hot Cams cam for it. I think they offer head porting, but you can probably get that done through Trinity, Craycraft, or some other shop. Not really sure there.

You're probably looking at a kilobuck to do all this (maybe a bit less) but it'd seriously scream if you did. I would wait, though, to see if the tranny holds up for those who have already done it. And for that matter, to see if Highlifter will stand behind this product.

What I would do if I was dead set on more power would be the Hot Cams cam and maybe a mild head porting, and a flat-side carb. That'll run about the same ($1000) but won't require as much motor disassembly.

Rob

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really want the big bore kit. It makes it very unreliable I have heard from very educated sources. I wouldn't realy worry about if the tranny could hold up. It nearly the same as their cars, which make 120+hp.

My post may have been a little misleading, but I don't want to go all out on it. I still want it to be realiable enough to ride just like I do now. Just some more balls, ya know? I love the power now, but it's always nice to have more!

Maybe, get a little hotter cam. If I get one too big, I would have to mess with trying to get a taller stall speed for the torque converter. And maybe a mild port & polish job. I would leave in the stock carb, just rejet it for the power. I think that alone would make it really scream.

Is there ever going to be anything to advance the timing on it like the Holeshot Module does for the Kawasaki Prairie? That's something I would definately buy. And since it's an automotive-style transmission, I hope someone builds a shift kit for it. That would make the shifts nice and snappy for quicker acceleration. Hmm...so many things that could be done! lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yellow650,if the Big Bore is installed right with proper jetting you will have no problem's.I had a Big Bore on 1 of my old 450's and it was just as reliable as stock.

The cam is where you run into reliablity problem's.Higher lift cams cause premature valve train wear.If you do get a cam make sure you get all of the things that go with it such as valvesprings,etc.

I plan on doing the Big Bore on my Rincon this winter along with a Port & Polish on the Head but I probably wont do the cam after the performance gains on my 450 with just the Big Bore!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts