Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda bored at the office today and I remembered something you guys might check. I was riding last year and the seat came loose and fell of the Rinny. I realized that the seat is pretty hard to get latched correctly so that the front two prongs go under the little round pegs welded to the frame. If you do not push down hard on the seat(almost bending the plastic base slightly) when putting it on, the plastic hooks will actually be sitting on top of the little pegs and not under. You can tell by where the paint rubs off. If you put it on wrong it will bend the plastic tabs on the seat base and be hard to get on right from then on . You have to check its latched by pulling up on it in the front.I had to take a heat gun to straigten out the tabs since I had been riding mine that way for a while.Now its fine. Almost all the Rinnys I have seen do this, and the seat is dam exspensive to repair/replace

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Hey Corn, if I might ask, on what part of the four wheeler were u sitting when the seat came off?..LOL..j/k

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was sort of in the process of a gymnastic move sumersaulting over the rear rack. The Rinny found a tree to snuggle up to on the hill and all was well.Except for the rash of shit from my "friends", one of which ran over the seat, using it for traction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
LOL on the story....but I do know what your talking about with the seat mine did the same thing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had been putting my seat on wrong for a couple of months till I noticed the paint wear you're talkin about. So I took a dremmel tool with a sanding bit and tapered off the front portion of the white plastic pieces on the seat to help guide it in. Works great now without too much effort. And NO, it doesn't wiggle around or fall off.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I thought of the Dremel route to. But, it goes on OK once you know the problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just learned how to put it on right, thanks! I did find a trick... Once you think you have it on right, you can pull the front of the seat out and look at the plastic mount things and see if they are latched...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yes they are a pain to get on sometimes. I remember mine floating away on me in water/mud holes!

Wait I never went in either of those!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I had mine un-click on me today. I am thinking if I bend the "u" shaped steel that the seat clicks to, towards the rear of the bike it may make it stay put better. What do you guys think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts