Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Rincon around 2 months ago.
While going up on some pretty hard hills(there were two of us on the bike at least 100 lbs each) I know is not safe but, we did it. My bike started to lose power and starte to cut off like the gas or power cut off and on.
I'm thiking this was because of the load but, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!

REGIO.

·
Registered
314 Posts
No that is not normal. I weigh over 200 and have at least another 100 plus pounds of stuff on my Rincon it will climb any hill that is not too steep to climb, without any hesitation. You might have a jetting problem but your description doesn't give me enough info to offer a solution.

Maybe someone else has experienced this and can point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Mine acted like that before I put the jet kit in for my altitude.6000'+
Based on what you are saying it sounds like it is running rich. What does your spark plug look like, I mean what color is it if it is black and sooty you are running rich.

Give some more information maybe the guys will have so other ideas to help you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Float may not be set right. Also when climbing out of a waterhole on my Rincon i have noticed that steam from the off of the exhaust and engine are pulled into the air box causing it to hessitate a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
this reply wont help you or give you answers but i experienced that exact same problem when my rinny was brand new. it would actually stall on the hill. this happened the first couple of times i had it out. i kept meaning to take it to my local honda shop for service but i couldnt part with it so i continued to deal with it. this probably happened a total of 8 times. since then i have put over 400 miles on it and without ever getting it serviced for that problem, oddly enough it has worked itself out and now runs great and has never happened again.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
The problem probably cured it self during break-in... once the rings seated better, it made more power, and all was well.

I suggest that anybody with a 100% stock Rincon consider the Dynojet Jet kit for it... you'll get some more power and it'll run better too. That plus a K&N air filter. It's $90 well spent.

Rob

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rob, Does the Dyno-jet effect the fuel mileage?? I don't want anything that would cause it to loose MPG. I usually need all the miles that I can get per tank. My thought is that power does not come free and more performance would come at a cost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry guys I was trying to say 100 kilos which is like 200 lbs each.
Now, altitute is a real good point.. we were climing a huge mountain and I know for sure.. that we were at least 5000 ft..but, not sure.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rob,
I did not do any precise measuring becuase each ride was different. But it seem like I lost about 10 miles to the tank after the Dyno Jet. I agree with you idea; but it could be I was just running harder also.
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Regio, if you were indeed at 5000' the jetting would be your problem, especially if you still have the original jet in it. My Rincon did the same thing before the jetting was changed.

Pablo, after the jet kit the bike runs so much better, and for mine going from a sea level jet to the correct one for 6000' I ride it fast, because the performance level is up there now, no bogging no hesitation, just acceleration.
I can only imagine how well the Rincon must run at sea level, up here in Colorado we lose about 30% of the HP because of the thinner air.
I don't think the jet kit will reduce your gas mileage, you reduce your mileage because you cant keep you thumb out of the throttle, the spring with the kit lets the carburetor slide open up sooner, so you use the responsiveness to the fullest extent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts