Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 2004 rincon, I have noticed a slight hesitation when hitting the throttle quikly. This was on my first 2-rides. I was out last weekend and really put the machine to the test in some good ol'northern muskeg and mud.
To my disapointment this bike was a dog. It would cough and sputter and would not perform at all under load in the heavy mud. But yet on the solid trail it would react fine as long as you eased up to full throttle.
Took it back to my dealer who informed me that the "Rincon is not built for muskeg"???????? and I would need to purchase a carburator kit to make it run right. This all seems wromg to me, should a new bike (144km) not run right when purchased new? without aftermarket products
Any help on this matter or ideas from anybody would be appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
When you are in deep mud and water, up to the bottom of the gas tank you will have your problem. This is caused by hot steamed water vapor getting sucked into your carb. This is normal and happens to all Rincons. You can build a small snorkle so you can get water vapor free air from the area between the gas cap and the seat.

·
Registered
201 Posts
widow, can you post a picture of how you did your snorkle mod?

·
Registered
105 Posts
North Mudder,

I had the same problem when my rincon was new. I took it back to the dealer and had them adjust the vavles. I haven't had it sputter on me since then. I would suggest the dynojet kit if you want more low end power. It will really wake your rincon up. Honda's stock carburator kit was put in so your bike wouldn't ride wheelies. They did this to avoid lawsuits. If you really want good mudding power you will need to get the jet kit.

Also, yellow650rincon has some instructions on how to re-route your carburator hoses to help reduce the steam from entering. He has a link to his site in his profile.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry can't post pics. Search and you should find them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the sputtering problem when I got in deep water. I extended the vent hoses from the carb up to the top of the snorkel tube. Took it to the river the other day and put it under water up to the top of the snokel. The whole motor, carb, vent box and everything else was under water. It just sat there and purred like a kitten. Ya just gotta like a Honda.

Darryl

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran two new tubes up to the handle bars and my machine still sputters in deep mud and water. I will try and seal my ignition before my next ride to see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts