Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have over 1,000 miles on my Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 stock size tires. They have been a great set up for my riding of tight trails. Things have changed a little, 3 of my riding buddies got sxs's to accommodate their wives, 2 others got rid of their sxs's and went back to atvs (divorces not involved).

My problem is that we are riding wider trails and roads at higher speeds. My 2014 Rincon starts to get a little squirrely in the wide open. I was looking at the Maxxis Bighorn 3.0 with the directional fronts, the little I've read about them claims they are more stable. The closest sizes to stock I can find are 26x9-12 and 26x11-12.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome!

·
Premium Member
8,042 Posts
I prefer non-directional tires. That way I can swap wheels from left to right, which reveres their rotation and even outs the wear nicely. The original BH is still the best in my book.

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
I have to agree. I have found the original Big Horns to be almost bullet proof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2.0s have been a good tire, but I pulled the trigger on the 3.0s. I'm also yanking the ez steer power steering and looking for a stabilizer instead, which may have been my main straight line problem. I was also getting a lot of rim dents and scapes and came home with a flat from the Blue Knob fire dept poker run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts