Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Mudzillas tires worth the money or what would be the best choice I want a very beefy looking tire thats good on mud..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics.

·
Registered
800 Posts
when it came time for me to pick out tires i checked out all the threads on tires.1 tire was talked about the most,itp mudlites. i am guessing about 70% of the members of this forum are running mudlites in all driffrent sizes (25"to28")tall and (8"to12")wide.getting feedback from someone no matter what kind of tire your looking for is the best way to make sure you get it right the first time. its your money spend it wisely

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love my Dirt devils in all terrain.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What site has the better tire deals

·
Registered
224 Posts
My vote goes for Mud Lites. Durable, inexpensive, all around tire. I don't think you could go wrong!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try 4atvtires.com (ATV Direct) has MudLite bigfoot kit for $370.00 or pvpowersports.com or you may just need to do a web search and make some calls. I bought stock size tires for about $210 for all four tires and that included shipping. I just can't remember the site I bought them on. atvpartsworld.com is another good site. If you are doing some extreme mudding I would not only look at a real mud tire (mudzilla or 589's), but also go as big as you can. I tried some real deep mud a few weeks ago and the 25" Mudlites were just too short to handle it. 28" tires would have done much better. Since I usually don't do that much extreme mudding, though, it didn't make sense to spend the dough for the big ones.

I have considered cutting off the bottom of the front fenders too since they seem to get hung up. They hang about 2 in. lower than the footwells and when I got in the thick stuff they seemed to get hung up when backing up. Has anyone else thought of this??

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I have ridden a Rincon with 26-9-12 Mudzilla's all around and they are a rough riding tire, they had 1400 + miles on them and still had a lot of tread left. I run the Bridgestone Mud Hook XXTREME 26-9-12 & 26-12-12 on ITP T-5's and I love them in all around conditions.
I have found a place with low prices on all their tires, call them toll free at 1-877-407-6213 and get a quote.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
naturally, the photos I had on hand were "pre-op" shots...

oh,. and mud lites... I have ridden a lot of tires and tire sizes... the mud lite is the nicest for all round riding,... im into mud pits and riding in 2 fot deep creeks and swamps... rarely do I get stuck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the mudzillas 27-9 front and 27-12 back. They are a great tire for deep mud riding, they do have a rougher ride on hard surfaces especially at lower speeds. I got mine through a local dealer that I have hook-ups through. I guess it would just depend on what type of riding you do if they are needed or not. I ride alot of swamps and other very wet and soupy areas so they are something that I felt I needed. Any other info needed on them pm me. Caz

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I priced a set of the Bridgestone Mud Hook XXreme's 26-9-12 and 26-12-12 on the T-6 polished with the centers and caps shipped for $655.00, (they didn't have the polished wheels in stock when I purchased mine) that is a hard to beat price, the Mudlight kits on polished T-6's are around $500.00 to $550.00 shipped depending on size. Give them a call 1-877-407-6213.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also ride on Bridgestone XXtreme mudhooks and t-6's. The are friggin great in mud and on the trail. I have not tried them in snow yet, I just got them a couple weeks ago. They only weigh a pound or so more than the mud lites and are more durable. $640 to my door wasn't too bad either. I forgot what web site but if anyone needs it I could find it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was trying to find the mud hooks but are currently not available up here yet. But i did pick up a set of 26 outlaws and there wicked in mud and farely good in snow. But ride ROUGH!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
If you're wanting tires for all around riding then mudzillas aren't a good choice..they weigh alot! If you're wanting tires mainly just for mud and really wet conditions then mudzillas, vampires and outlaws are ur best choice. But like I said, these are all really heavy tires so you would lose alot of power in the peanut buttery stuff. There's where you'll have to add a DJ kit and all to make up for it. Just my .02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts