Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rincon seems to be loosing power. I only have 550 miles on it. I changed plug and air cleaner no change HELP

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
What was the outside temperature when you noticed the power loss?

My Rincon seems to be doggy in the mid range and top end when the outside temperature gets below 40F to 45F. This has been the case even after a 5 minute warm up period before riding. This slowly improves after a few minutes of riding to get the engine up to proper temperature, but there still seems to be some power loss when riding below this temperature range.

Since you are in Washington it must be cold there as well. I suspect our carb settings need to be altered for cold weather riding, but I am not exactly sure what needs to be changed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Something that was brought to my attention is the fact that I am using 10W-30 Motor oil in my machine. This on top of the fact that its cold outside makes the bike run slower in the top end. I am going to change my oil as soon as it gets warmer to the honda GN4 oil just to see if this makes a difference. I know the oil is used for the engine AND the transmition. The Tranny I belive is being bogged down by thick oil...

what oil is everyone using?

·
Registered
338 Posts
rotella synthetic 5w-40 from wal-mart 12.88 gallon,works great in low temps(teens)with wind chills colder.aprox 800-900 miles using this oil with no problems so far,i also use it in silverado 1500,and my street bike and when spring hits i will switch both my honda aquatrax's over to it too..

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
I am using Honda GN4 oil. That has been the only oil ever used in my Rincon.

I can see where the thicker oil being cold, could affect trany a bit..

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just had my valves adjusted not 3-4 weeks ago...they are in spec. acording to a dealer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts