Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, While I was installing the locker in my Rincon, I decided to modify the oil cooler. disregard this mod. I made one which works much better refer to my profile pics. - Bill

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I never thought of that,but man that is another one of those must have tips. Are the hoses long enough so there is no stress on them ?

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have one question about doing this.If you are sitting still with it running and the fan turns on to cool it down is the oil cooler close enough to the radiator to cool the oil?

·
Registered
91 Posts
actually, honda4fun , your kinda right .i deal alot with radiators and coolers,( ive been in the autobody shop biz for 12 years) the problem with moving the cooler forward is that it creates wind turbulance between the two so the air does not pass through the radiator like it should when the fan isnt running. unless you make a shrowd, then its even harder to clean.

but then again i dont think 3/8 in. would hurt it at all

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does'nt our machines already have a shrowd,( I would say that it does). I don't think that 3/8" would matter much. A little air gap may even help it some .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts