Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a set of Mudlites and want to get them mounted on my stock rims (cant afford the type5 "rock crushers"). Would wal-mart be a good place to get them mounted?? Where did everyone here get theirs mounted?

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
A friend of mine had his mudlites mounted at Wal-Mart for about $3.50 per tire.

I got mine mounted at the local farm store, Rual King, for $3.00 per tire.

Either way I thought it was pretty cheap...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guitars!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jason,
Go to Harbour Freight on University Drive in Huntsville and buy the tire change machine ($35.00). I bought one and use a lot, works great. Real handy for removing the tire for patches. I have a habit of ripping the valves stem off when riding in rocky creeks, tire fills with water and the only way to get it out is dis-mount the tire.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am jealous. Here in NJ, It costs $15.00 - $20.00 per tire.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RinDong I am guessing that Harbour freight is towards madison and the mall? I dont recall seeing it near the parkway. Also, is this machine only good for small tires like ATV, tractor? Or is it adaptable for larger diameter such as SUV, truck?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jason, Harbour Freight is in the old Circute City next to Bobby G's bar. The changer works on wheels up to 12", I've used it on small trailer wheels (13"). Before I bought it I would break the beads down by running over the tire with my F250 4x4. This thing cranks'm right off. I recommend using 'monkey snot' (tire cement) on the beads. I have trouble with my Gators slipping on the rim and loosing air. PM me and maybe we can get together and I'll mount them up for you.

·
Registered
314 Posts
RinDong,

Why not just install the steel valve stems rather than all that mounting and dismounting. Worked for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Parkgt, I've been replacing them with steel stems, the real short ones. Thats been working for me. But still I keep peeling the tire off the rim. I think I have reamed out the tire so it's larger than a 12" rim. I've been using monkey snot to keep the rim from spinning in the tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts