Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys pretty frustrated with these tires and not sure what approach to take now? I keep getting flats on them and to my surprise when taken to the tire guy here he sent me a pic of the inside of the tire to show me why, I am not the original purchaser and they are over two years old, but come on it hasn't started being a problem till now, so what if it is over two yrs, they weren't manufactured properly to begin with.
From ITP:

"
We have a warranty to the original purchaser of our tires that lasts for 2 years from the date they purchase the tires
These tires were made in 2006 well beyond that period of time.

Sorry,

Richard Mendenhall"

Guess I am out of luck.

Trying to attach pic

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
ITP Mud Lites are the worst "general purpose tire" on the market. They are a mud tire, suck on slippery hill sides and ride like a tractor. Mud Lite XTR's on the other hand are a radial, and smooth riding. They have a smaller paddle in between the lugs to assist on those slippery side hills, but are still a Mud tire mostly. The Ol Lady has a set (since new on her 03 Rancher) they leak terribly so I put tubes inside. I would recommend a different tire altogether but your the one who knows how and where you ride, so research will be your friend for a while as you investigate the vast offerings out there for ATV tires.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I had mudlite tires for about six months on my Rincon and got rid of them and put on bighorns, the best thing I ever did.

·
Registered
654 Posts
May I suggest and recommend Bighorns also. They aren't 'mud' tires, but they are one of the best, longest lasting, best handling, most durable atv tires made. Rincons love Bighorns.!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Mudlites are such a false advertisement they should not have mud in the name. A Maxxis Zilla is am all around better tire!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I run mudlites on my son's trx90 and I have to air them up everytime we go out. They're good on something light but not the best tire for a rincon. the big horns and big horn 2's are hard to beat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have Mudlite XL's on my Rincon. I love them up here in Alaska. I have never had any flats or any trouble with traction.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mudlites dominate the market up here

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I have Mudlite XL's on my Rincon. I love them up here in Alaska. I have never had any flats or any trouble with traction.
X 2, never had a flat or any problems with them. Got them within 100 miles of ATV being new and have 5000 miles on them now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I put 3000 miles on a set of Mudlite XLs and the only flat I had was when I hit a rock and squared off a rim. I rode 15 miles back to the truck on the flat, hammered the rim and added air. I sold them and put on Swamplites. The Swamplites are gone, but my buddy is still running the Mudlites. He's gone another 1500 miles. I loved them and should have kept them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I guess when it comes to mudlites they aren't for everyone.I really appreciate that they are American made.

·
Registered
735 Posts
They do great on the 90 and i'm only keeping 1 to 2 lbs of air in them. that might be part of the reason they're leaking down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought my 2012 with itp wheels and 26" mudlites. They have all cracked and leaked since then. I am runnig three with slime and one has a tube. ITP replaced all four for free, but I will not put them on my Rincon. I will wear out the ones that I have, then I am gonna try some bighorns.

My son is currently sporting the replacement mudlites on his '05 350 Rancher with no trouble, but they have only been on there a couple of months.

For my riding style the mudlites are a bit rough. I can't wait to get my hands on some bighorns. I have some questions about them and tire size in general that I will start a new post about.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
I bought my 2012 with itp wheels and 26" mudlites. They have all cracked and leaked since then. I am runnig three with slime and one has a tube. ITP replaced all four for free, but I will not put them on my Rincon. I will wear out the ones that I have, then I am gonna try some bighorns.

My son is currently sporting the replacement mudlites on his '05 350 Rancher with no trouble, but they have only been on there a couple of months.

For my riding style the mudlites are a bit rough. I can't wait to get my hands on some bighorns. I have some questions about them and tire size in general that I will start a new post about.:cool:
You will love the Big Horns.... perhaps a heads up for your son. My wife has the Rancher, Mud lite combo. Running about 3.5PSI in all 4. We had to replace the fronts with a terra cross style tread because in heavy ruts etc, the ruts would grab and pull the front wheels, sometimes violently. If I was not behind her that day I would still not believe it, but I saw the handle bars get ripped out of her hands, her quad turned sharp right and dumped her on her head :eek: right there in front of me at about 15 MPH. PS 25" big horn original, over the 2.0 would be an awesome choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts