Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of mudlites 26x12 rear and 26x10 front. Hope they will be better then the stockers in the snow and general all around use.What do you guys think? I put them on the Delta steel black rims for the strength and I was hopeing they wouldnt get so ripped up like the aluminum stock rims. The guys at Highlifter said there would be no noticable powerloss and I would love the tires??/ Hope they are correct.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Hey ultra, the power loss depends on the weight. Steel rims weigh quite a bit more than the stock aluminum. The mudlites are a pretty light tire though so he might be right.I have 27" Titans 589s on mine with the stock alums and I noticed a little power loss. Gettin ready to install the DJ kit and pipe though to try to make up for it. Just haven't decided on the pipe to get though. Anyways, have heard alot of good things about the mudlites so good luck. Let us know about the power loss (if any) and how the tires ride on diff terrains. Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mudlites are great in almost everything-----except deep snow... They like to dig down and find "hardpack".... Causeing you most of the time to bottom out.... My rancher will go through more deep snow than my rincon... unless its wet snow....

Other than that you will love them...

·
Registered
800 Posts
you will notice some power loss. when you think about it bigger tires + steel rims = more weight.i have 26" mudlites i gave up some top end but got alot more in return. mudlites give you 1 better handling 2 better traction in mud 3 a mean looking bike. any power loss can be fixed with a jet kit install.after reading alot of threads i have found, there is no 1 best tire for the rincon. the mudlites are just a good allaround tire, you will be verry happy with them the next time you come across a mudhole lol.

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for all the info. The difference I was told from the stock set up to 26" mudlites and steel rims was like 2-3Lbs per wheel, to me thats not alot of weight, 10-12lbs more total?? I think it was worth the steel rims, my concern now is that I do alot of riding in the snow and I hope I didnt make the wrong choice w/ these tires??? I hope I wont be left behind digging out all the time???

·
Registered
151 Posts
The problem is only in deep snow, and you just learn not to hit the gas fast, and try not to spin...... I have burried myself taking off from a break... They are just a different tire in the deep snow..... Tires that can run on 2 psi of air and have a weaker sidewal seem to stay on top the snow.... The same theory with sand.......

·
Registered
151 Posts
The problem is only in deep snow, and you just learn not to hit the gas fast, and try not to spin...... I have burried myself taking off from a break... They are just a different tire in the deep snow..... Tires that can run on 2 psi of air and have a weaker sidewal seem to stay on top the snow.... The same theory with sand.......

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OKAY Hope I will still love these wheels and tires, if not,,,, I will just get another set, Its only money right? :) As far as the jet kit? I think I will still have plenty of power, As long as can still pull me deer out and drag it back I will be happy. I dont want to keep playing w/ adjustments and crap, I am a honda guy and always will be because when your far away from the lodge and its cold out, you wanna be able to get back! I like hitting the starter one time and she starts...........

·
Registered
800 Posts
after getting the 26" mudlites, what i found was the best tire for the rincon just might be 2 sets of tires and wheels. sure it cost a little more but 2 sets of tires and wheels lets you choose the right tread for the type of rideing you have planed and what season it is.i will be getting another set of tires and wheels thinking t-5 maby t-6 with some itp 25"atr or 25" mudlights.i would not be the first with 2 sets 1 for spring+fall(26") and another for summer+winter(25") what works for 1 person might not work for you, what you need to do is bolt on your new tires and wheels log some seat time and see what works best for you. hope this helps ps. give us some feedback on what you find

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks silver... Thats what I will do! I totally agree. Two sets. i will be taking the new Mudlites to Upstate New York In 2 weeks and I will Report back on the conditions and How this machine handles it, Sometimes, up high in the mountains it could be like 5feet of hard pack, or, on top of that, it could be like 2feet of soft and the stock tires did pretty good. We will have to wait and see. I love this Forum. Lots of info and Help!!! Safe riding and try to keep at least two wheels on the ground if you can :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts