Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share a picture of my first big buck. I've been hunting 25 years and have shot bucks in the past, but this is the biggest.

It's a 10 point with a 22 inch spread. I got it in Northwest PA on Monday (first day of rifle in PA) on my parent's property. I'm going to have it mounted.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sweet...

Congrats!

·
Registered
282 Posts
AWESOME looking deer!!! I am waiting for one like that

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Come to Newfoundland, Canada and hunt for one of these beauties and make it a real hunt !!! LOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations!! Nice buck!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tater, nice Buck! That one puts the two 8 pointers I have mounted to shame. One of those dont come along everyday! Congrats!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tater - Nice buck I'm impressed, what is the story on the hunt. Love hunting stories
Congrats
Jim

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone... thanks for the congrats!

Mudchucker... it was a little too big for the Rincon racks... had my bag full of stuff on the front and my gun case on the back and I was afraid hurting the deer head. I used my dad's Gator to get it out the woods... might just have to take you up on the BBQ offer ;-)

Tootall... I got him at 7:30 AM. We have a deer stand that is along a woods row on one side and a field on the other. He and a doe came trotting across the field heading to the woods about 150 yards away. I shot him with a .257 Roberts... hit him just behind the left front shoulder... went thru the lungs and liver... he ran for about another 50 yards and got caught up in some logging brush and died. I knew hit him but didn't drop him on the spot, so I gave him a few minutes before I went after him... we had no snow on the ground and I didn't feel like tracking something all day or pushing it to someone else. It was hard to wait, but it paid off in the end!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
funny thing that no one has mentioned this. that BBQ in the background is a $4500.00 comercial gas grill that will use charcoal and I can use it for small batch smoking...it weighs in at 425 pounds !

you guys will never "meat" anyone whos more of a BBQ nut then me :)
we BBQ year round, even at -40C ... were always looking for an excuse to cook too much... so feel free and drive to winnipeg and come on over...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tater - Thanks for sharing your buck story.
Mudchucker - Nice barbecue, you just need one of Tater's steakes from his buck.
have a great day
Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice buck, Tater!! I heard that Pennsylvania went through some hard times gettting a Quality Management program started, but it's nice to see it is paying off. Here's a pic of my 16 year old son's first buck that he got opening day of this year's Wisconsin gun season. The photo downloaded kind of funny so I don't know how it will come out.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
hey tater -- nice buck and thanks for details -- congrats

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hodag81... yeah PA started a minimum points requirement a few years ago. Some counties have a 3 point and some a 4 point requirement. The county I was hunting in required 4 points on one side. Tell your son congratulations on his deer.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice to hear from another hunter on this forum,very good buck,we hunt hard here in Alabama. We got lots of deer and the season lasts 70+days. Gives us a lot of out door time to ride the Rincon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts