Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my rincon for 15 months and it hasnt run right yet. no power above 9000 feet, third gear does nothing, the gear shifter comes out of the track. i've had it to 3 different dealers and they can't get anything right. they have jetted 3 different times, drilled holes in the filter box, put a new cap on the muffler, and still at 6000 ft i can only go 35-40 mph and climbing in the mountains is embarrasing. my buddies have polaris 500's and a old rancher and they pass me going up the hills with ease. anybody in colorado work for beer and help me get this machine right? thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Noely- I just returned from riding in Utah, both the sand dunes at 5000' and on some of the Piute Trails. The rinny never missed a beat and carried my big rear end and the wife to 10,983' on Cottonwood Pass. I was also able to climb Sand Mtn (700') at Little Sahara. I am running a K&N/Outerwear/DJ jet kit (148 main and needle on 2nd notch and lid off) and a Supertrapp exhaust. If you have not gone the air filter and jet route, I woul do that first. With the stock exhaust and the 144 DJ main jet, I thought it ran pretty well. That would be a good starting place. Others may have more ideas.

·
Registered
322 Posts
NOELY, your O-rings in the transmission are shot. They have to be. Have your dealership check the transmission pressure in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. If you or they have a service manual, they will know what to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
also you got to remember the air at 9000 feet is pretty thin I think you will only get maybe 70% of sea level power anyway not to mention you will be running to rich unless you change your jetting

·
Registered
143 Posts
Noely,
You could always run model airplane fuel in with your gas. LOL

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts