Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was riding my rincon this past weekend and i got stuck. my bike was tilted on its left side with water almost reaching the seat. i went to start it and it had a little trouble starting. but once i got it started when i would accelerate it would shut off. i checked the airbox and it was as dry as it can be, my spark plug was ok, and so was my battery. i had my rancher tow me back to my car. i let the bike run for a while thinking it would warm up a lil bit and run better, but all it did was overheat and not move. any of you know what can be causing this?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Could be a number of problems. Really hard to tell without knowing in much detail the symptoms and systematically eliminating possible causes. If your not mechanically adept and dig in checking various things, you might create additional problems. I hate to say this but it's probably best to take it in for hands on check by your dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same thing happened to my rincon last year. Only I was stuck in mud instead of water and it was only deep enough to get all tires off the ground. The machine wouldn't start easily and would hardly move once started. It would only move when it was revved extremely high and still it wasn't enough to make it home. The next day it ran fine and I never even took it into the shop. My airbox, plug, and battery were fine too. I'd like to know what happened too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i took it to the shop this morning they told me they wouldn't be able to get to it till tomorrow. but when i started it this morning the problem was still there. mine was a little different then yours do to the fact that i can't rev my engine unless i leave the choke on. i hope its nothing to serious. i had also checked my oil to make sure it didn't have any water in it, and nothing. i think it has no compression. thats my opinion but i don't know to much about the mechanics. so i'll just have to wait patiently.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Sounds like it could be a stuck float in the carb.... if it wasn't at the dealer, I'd ask you to tap on the carb with a hammer (not real hard) a few times and see if that fixes it.

Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
I say you have water in your carb. Trust me, Just drain your carb and she will run fine. It is the little screw by the carb drain hose. When you suck steam the water will sit in your carb.Let her drain for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Widow Maker is probably right. Water in the carb. If it will run with the choke you can run it out or just drain the carb like he explained. You need to learn this for in the field anyway. Very simple & quick. Hope it fixes your problem. When you said won't go, I thought you meant drivetrain, not engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the mechanic called me today and told me that he fixed it. he said the reason it wouldn't rev was cuz the injector was jammed. he said its running perfect now. i'll just have to wait till the end of this weekend to see if he's right or not. i hope he is. im also going to remove the baffle from inside the carb to see if it stops the stalling problem. i'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is no injector on the Rincon. Maybe he said needle???

·
Registered
118 Posts
You might as well re-route some new vent hoses from the carb as well. I routed mine into my gauge pod and haven't had any deep water sputtering problems since.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mayabe he said "selector" referring to the gear selector lever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts