Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Warn 2.5 winch last week. When I was installing it today, the bolt that is used to attach the blue cable to the contactor broke and since it is inside the motor, I'm going to have to send the whole thing out for repair. Man I was so frustrated, everything was going so smoothly, but with my luck something like this was bound to happen. Well, I just had to vent, thanks for listening.
Scott

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to the dealer yesterday and they are either going to repair it or replace it, very good service, they will get my business again.

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
Hey Birddog1,

I just bought the same winch.!! Where did you finally install the contactor. I wuz lookin at the area where the tools sit? What say you. PS I tried to e-mail you but it was returned....

Oilcan E-mail me if you like!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oilcan, I sent you an email. I mounted the contactor under the left rear fender, exactly under the tool kit. Also put some silicone on the contacts to protect them, don't know if this will help but my brother, who is an electrician, said it would be a good idea. By the way, I updated my email, sorry about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts