Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery in my 03 Rincon was going bad. This battery was from Advance Auto and I wasn't happy with it's performance. Not sure but I think it is 3-4 years old. It seems weak when starting the ATV.
So I over researched batteries on line like I always do before purchases. I decided to go with a NAPA battery because it was made by East Pen Manufacturing. This is the battery I purchased, NAPA The Legend Premium AGM Battery 6 Months BCI No. NA PSB ETX14 | Buy Online - NAPA Auto Parts
Their is an issue to me with battery cable install and the reason for this thread. This battery comes with spacers that you must use for the install. The hole in the battery cables do not line up with the hole in the battery post.
Hand Automotive tire Finger Nail Thumb

Looking at the picture of the battery using the link above you can see the spacers and the bolts that are attached to the positive post. The spacers are about 1/8 inch thick and are round with a flat spot. If you place your cursor over the positive battery terminal in the listing picture it should enlarge it and the spacers are easy to see.
My issue is this method reduces the surface area of contact to the battery post to the size of the spacer. Yes there is the bolt also. The spacer goes behind/between the battery cable and the battery post.
I haven't started it yet to test it and I'm hoping it lasts longer. Using the winch for snow plowing it gets a work out due to my driveway. Lots of raising and lowering.

·
Administrator
12,474 Posts
Nice!!

Yep, EP is who I search out when replacing batteries. Deka is also made by East Penn, and believe it or not, Ever Start is also, the brand Walmart Sells.. I called them with a couple questions and got to talking with a nice lady over there. They don't make a 'different" battery and slap NAPA Legend or Everstart on them, they are identical as all the others.. And great choice on the AGM.. I just put 2 big H7 AGMs in my 3500 Cummins.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts