Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I'm starting this discussion because my winch gave up the ghost today. Now I did a search on the Forum to find which one is the best one but all of the discussions that the search came up with are from back in 2008 or so. I'm not really sure why they're from a decade ago at least but I do like the warn winches anybody have any other opinions I will definitely be getting one with a synthetic rope on it. I seen in the older postings that people were all about the warn xt30 but doesn't seem to be really available anymore I'm sure there's a newer model.

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
What does "Give up the ghost " mean? Usually a winch can be serviced, new parts replacing worn /damaged parts and away ya go. Warn is like Honda, built to last. I took a 2500 wire on spool, and replaced the wire with synthetic years ago. I use it all winter mostly on my plow. The grease does harden which makes the free spool actuator and other parts seem stiff, but after a good cleaning and relubrication every couple years, never any issues. The Warn has lasted me as long as my Rincon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give up the ghost is slang 4 crapped out. I need to replace the winch because the drum cracked and the housing cracked somehow and it was a mile marker not a warn it's what came on the quad when I bought it. I've been looking at the warn winches but just wanted to get an up-to-date take on what everybody thinks

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
Gotcha! Broken Drum and cracked housing. I wasn't able to find a parts diagram to order parts from for it, but you can google the model winch you have and might find the parts you need. They are not hard to work on at all. Your old plate may still work on a new winch, the mounting holes are fairly standard for the ATV type winches. The warn 2500, or most 2500's will fit nicely in the Rincon. Most come with new fairleads too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been eyeing the warn 35s vrx it seems like everyone on this forum from old discussions says the 3000 lb winches are better than the 2500 ones as far as mechanical is concern. i would rather save a couple of bucks and get the 25s vrx. what do u think between the 2?

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
The 2500 vs the 3500 seem virtually identical except for line speed (a bit higher on the 35 as one would expect a few things a bit faster) and the 3500 comes with a corded remote. Just the difference in $$ really. Both warranties are the same. Mechanical = Limited lifetime. Depends really on what your going to use it for. Deep thick peanut butter mud would work the 2500 a bit more than the 3500, otherwise, again it's just $$ and a remote. In other reading, I noticed the 3000 series draws less so it would be easier on the charging system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i picked up a warn 3500 vrx winch so far so good but why does warn send u 8 gauge wiring for something that probably should be at least 6 gauge?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts