Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fixing to buy a new exhaust but I am having a hard time deciding on which one to go with. I know that it is going to be one of these two (HMF,or Supertrapp) I have heard great things about both and it looks like they both are able to produce about the same increase in power if jetted right. I am looking at the eco series in the HMF because I don't want something thats real loud and I think you can control the loudness with the supertrapp by adding or removing the disc. So for everyone that has either one of these could you please give me pros and cons of both.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I see that you currently have the 2" exhaust tip mod. Not enough? I seen a post a while back that suggested they would like to see the difference in power between the 2" tip mod and an aftermarket exhaust. I guess your the guinni pig. Let us know if there is any real difference.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the 2" tip only helps with sound I really haven,t noticed any power increase with it. I thought that I would notice some power but I guess I will have to move on and get the whole exhaust. The tip really does nothing as far as the baffle and increasing air flow through the exhaust its just a quick fix for the spark arrester and a little more sound. Just my opinion

·
Registered
280 Posts
I felt a slight increase in pulling power up hills when I put on the 2" tip.
Didn't the combo of tip, filter and jets give you a gain?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm not too sure either. I just installed mine yesterday with the Jet Kit. I tested it on asphalt at a dead stop and pulled the front tires off the ground about 4 inches. Never did that stock. I haven't had an oportunity to really dial it in yet. Don't wanna tick off the neighgbors too much! Also the mudlights spun a bit before the machine took off. I need to race my cousing with his Prarie 650. Normaly he has me by a bike length in about 100 yards. I agree with sound factor. I think it sounds great. I'm all for dishing out the cash for a full exhaust if I can figure out which one I want and if it will provide signficant power gain. Mostly I noticed the throttle response is much quicker. All I really wanted any way was more low end power. The HMF exhausts have a 10 year warrenty on packing. They use some crazy ceramic stuff that some of the other manufactures don't. I'm not up for repacking my exhaust every 30 hours. Powerline has no packing, but I haven't heard too many people talk about it much? Keep us informed what you find out?

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Im in the same boat, I dont know what to buy, for me the division is between MBRP and HMF, Im sort of stuck on a fence, and here is why...

I look at the HMF can, its rivited together, as are many other high end exhaust... I look at the MBRP, and I see its all welded stainless construction...

so, based on that alone, I think, or I feel that the MBRP is a better system...but then I think, hmm... what if I had to change the spark arrester screen ? hmmm but what about rivets that rust, leak, and snap off ?

and with HMF, Utility ? or Eco system ? is there a significant performance differencet ?

I like that HMF doesnt try to hide that you will need to rejet if you install one of their systems. where the others appear to never mention it...

Im also limitted to who I can order from, I would prefer to order from distributors who are in canada...as surprise customs and brokerage invoices that arrive 3 months later are damn irritating...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts