Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend thats got a polaris 700 and he tried to rejet it the other day and he went by the instructions when doing it and when he started it the thing ran really good until it got warm then it started popping and choking down and you couldn't even get it above a idle so he decide to put it back stock and it kept doing the same thing when stock. Last night I went to help him try and fix it I put the jet kit back in it and also cleaned the whole carb and it still did it. I can't seem to get it back running right with the jet kit or without it and the funny thing is that it only does it when its warm you can let it set till it cools back down and it will run fine until it gets warm again, so what could be the problem I am thinking it might be something else besides the carb, but it was running fine before he started all this. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey you or your friend could try checkin out the air screw , they can do strange things when stripped out or adjusted wrong. It also sonds like it could be a pinched choke cable??? Time for a honda, I have a broken 04 polaris at home too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree with Red Rocket , it sounds like a choke problem.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
yup, sounds like he pulled the choke cable tight or somthing and the engine is getting too much fuel,,,

another thing to do, is shut the fuel off, take the top off the carb (assuming its a slide like ours) and turn the fuel back on look the hole in the bottom of the carb where the needle goes into the main sleave... if fuel is pouring out, you have a float problem (funny I have this problem right now with my rincon) possibly he bent the float hanger and now it cant shut the fuel off... the problem you are describing is the same as mine... when I take my carb top off, i see the fuel girgling out of the main jet...Im thinking I have some gunk in the needle and seat on the float valve...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts