Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why, but running the fields around here... I am really reving the motor to get into third.... My buddies rubicon is just idling... Seems Im shifting around 30... then it goes back and forth...2nd...3rd....

Would it be worth the jet kit if I kept the stock air filter and exhaust.... Or what can I do on a 50 dollar budget..... Just not into speding money on this thing.. Im not knocking it... Just saving cash for anouther ride....

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Budget Jetting:

dont buy a jet kit... just buy the jets... you currently have a keihin series 393 #152 in there. Grab a Series 393 #156, (you can order them almost anywhere)and get another washer or 2 for the needle to lift it a touch higher...

I did this on a friends rubicon, it cost him 7 bucks (canadian dollars) and he is happy with the performance,,

·
Registered
800 Posts
i know just how you feel, having fields of my owen i notice my tranny down shifting and the motor reving alot more after installing 26" mudlites. untill i add a jet kit and filter and maby a new slip on pipe i will have to put up with it reving more or i could go to ebay and buy a set of stock rincon tires and rims and see if that helps. maby i should do both lol can you say good by tax return lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will up the jets sometime soon and let everyone know if it help.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey mudchucker, I call bullshit, my raptor wont even do that without a good tug on the bars.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got a buddy that can wheelie his stock raptor at 15-20 mph, I've seen him do it several times.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh boy, I hope Mudchucker hasn't had to much of that fine Canadian whiskey when he sees this.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
jeezuz man, get a new raptor or tune that thing up... a friends kids raptor will wheeelie easy... you will note, there is a 50 pound nephew on the upseat, wich might hace helped get the beaster up in the air, normaly from about 10 to 15 miles per hour it will either break the wheels lose, or if they hook up I'll wheelie a few inches... and lucky for you, I had too much of that canadian whiskey, and now I have a hangover...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey mudchucker, I notice you have a #158 main and then below your picture you say you have a #148. Which is it?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Hey mudchucker where's your helments??? .....safety 1st !

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I have been jetting around so much latley that its becomming too much like work to keep changing my signature. Currently, (as of the morning of the 26th) its a Keihin #160 - Im going to go back to the #158 and start up sizing the pilot jet.

on the topic of helmets... you will notice the Nephew has his on... and for myself... normally I where one, but as the grass is soft, and my head is hard... ahem... actually, if you must know, my nephew is a big city kid, and got quite scared on the machine and I couldnt hear him yelling with my helmet on...as the nephew was so damn scared this subsequantly altered my driving style to somthing a little less hairy, oddly enough tho, little wheelies like that made him giggle like a little girl ...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
oh, and one more thing whilst on the topics of helmets...

our laws here governing helmets state the following;

Where helmets not required

28(2) Subsection (1) does not apply

(a) to a person operating an off-road vehicle being used in the course of farming, commercial fishing, hunting or trapping operations; or

(b) to the operator or passengers of an off-road vehicle equipped with occupant roll-over protection and seat belt assemblies that meet the safety standards prescribed in the regulations and the seat belt assemblies are being worn in a properly adjusted and securely fashioned manner.

And as im sure you've been able to figure out... I was in the course of farming ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think Mudchucker should arrange a ride, he has provided us with some good comic relief.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts