Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was informed by my dealer that i need a new piston and rings for my quad. cause i took it to them for the o-ring problem in the tranny and just got it back from the second week of july with it smoking soooo bad its not even funny. too bad it didnt smoke like this when i took it to the dealer. can anyone help me as to what kinds of piston i should buy as for bore size and quality. and what company to go to so i dont get screwed dealing on the internet

·
Registered
24 Posts
Get a second opinion from a reputable mx/quad mechanic before you spend that cash! However, if it is what they said, Highlifter.com sells big-bore kits made up of some of the best components you can buy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just got done pulling the piston off and it is def. scored inside the sleeve. it needs to be bored without a doubt. so i apprecitate the suggestion with highlifter. now with highlfter should i buy the whole kit or do i just need the piston and rings. not sure what there website is getting at. also does anyone know how to set the timing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts