Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right you guys, I've been hangin around this forum for a while now and have benefitted from much of the info you guys have shared. My 2003 Rincon has gotten a little bit more water friendly each time I do something that I read about here but it still dies from what seems to be an electrical issue. I have put dialectric grease in the plug cap, the fuse box back by the battery, every electrical connector that I can reach and get apart. I have installed a rubber diaphram that completely isolates the intake from steam/water.

I can go through water about seat level for about 30feet and then the motor dies no mattter what I do. If I am not under deep water, the bike starts right back up as though it never quit.

I told everybody that I was not going to modify this bike when I bought it so I have been resisting modifications like a snorkle for the intake or the exhaust but if it would fix this pesky problem, I would go for it and eat my words later!

If you don't mind a little redundance, (since I know most of this has been discussed in bits and pieces in the past,) let me know what you did to your Rincon before it behaved in deeper water.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I would start making temporary modifications to test and see what helps and what doesn't. Example... snorkle the muffler. That could be it right there, if the end of the muffler tube is underwater.

Another thing to look at is the beather tube off of the gas tank. Be certain it's vented, or the motor WILL die after about 30 sec.

Hopefully others will chime in with ideas as well.

Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RobG,

I notice in a bunch of your pics that your Rincon seems to spend a lot of time in the water. Does it ever seem to die while you're in water even when you have the RPM's up and there is no water getting in the intake?

Mine acts just like a kill button. If I don't take water in through the exhaust valve though, she cranks right back up without so much as a stutter.

I have read on HighLifter and this forum too about guys snorkling their exhaust. If I knew for sure that this would cure my problem, I would do it tomorrow. That's why I was hoping a few more guys like yourself would give me a hand here. The guys with Arctic Cats that I used to laugh at when I had my Foreman are now getting the last laugh! I'm not liking it much either!

Anyhow, try to keep the rubber side down and enjoy!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Have you rerouted the 2 vent lines from the carb? Extend them up around the instrument pod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts