Honda Rincon Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
12,314 Posts
Convert it to a manual 5 speed while your at it lol

Better yet, a 6 speed Tremec 6060.. Thats what in my hellcat.. Same trans as the Viper.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That would be cool. If I had Ultratec money, I would get a SRIII frame with C7 front/rear suspension and an LT4 engine. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,421 Posts
Not to divert but aren't those Hyandai's beating the Hellcats light to light? Something about power to ground or some such silliness... ;P The wife's design mods had me rolling man... Mine is same... " it looks great lets get it" says she... so I flip over the tag, to show her the $$$.... "HEY Come back here" is what she hears next ha ha ha

·
Administrator
12,314 Posts
That would be cool. If I had Ultratec money, I would get a SRIII frame with C7 front/rear suspension and an LT4 engine. :)
Hahaha!

Seriously, a TKO 5 speed (basic Tremec) can be had for a couple grand, and the clutch set up (single disk) for a another couple G's, and then the peddle and other parts needed for some more $ lol.. Yeah, the conversion could get pricy, but banging gears? Priceless ;)

Having @Rickgto do the conversion would save you lots, and I'm sure he would save the last dance for you as well ;)

Not to divert but aren't those Hyandai's beating the Hellcats light to light? Something about power to ground or some such silliness... ;P The wife's design mods had me rolling man... Mine is same... " it looks great lets get it" says she... so I flip over the tag, to show her the $$$.... "HEY Come back here" is what she hears next ha ha ha
LMAO!!!!

That is an issue hellcats are known for, and that is, blowing the tires off lol.. A 'properly driven' stock HC goes mid 10's in the 1320, and 0-60 in the mid to low 3's, key words being 'properly driven'.. And thats an 'Auto' hellcat, but id rather have fun with my manual 6spd :)

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Convert it to a manual 5 speed while your at it lol

Better yet, a 6 speed Tremec 6060.. Thats what in my hellcat.. Same trans as the Viper.

Nah. Converting ANY old GM to a Tremec or similar requires destroying the floor/tunnel and fabbing it to usable as well as cosmetically unnoticeable. Keisler (Silver Sport) are the absolute best 5-6 speeds out there for retro fit but still need quite a bit of work/fab to install them. Problem with using either in an early Vette is you need to make the choice of having your console a few inches higher than it was, reglassing the floor, or revamping the rear end angle/fitment and/or driveshaft to accommodate the BAD angles the cross joints will see. Clutch wise, a stock setup will work. Bellhousing, throw out, linkage and all. Still about a $4k plus conversion plus 1-2 year wait on a Keisler........My opinion. Elwood wants a nice driver without getting anal. The 327 4 speed done right will be a pucker factor fun car at a fraction of the cost of restoring it to (if it was) a factory big block car. That said, even if it was a factory big block, it will never be again to the purists so I say make the best of what's there and enjoy it. Even though it is a Corvette........:). It's Elwoods Helen Wheels..

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well here is a year later update. Since the wife got involved it has gone out of control. If I went Rick’s way I would be driving but when I was getting ready to lift the body off my wife somehow sent it to painter prison. The boy and I stripped the paint and off it went in December. He could have had paint on several weeks ago but I told him to slow up if possible since the taxman wanted a chunk. With the wife’s plan I am still a year or two out but I’ve waited so many years that a few more won’t kill me. Hopefully I can attach some pics of the final prime.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,421 Posts
Just remember one little thing Elwood :) Waiting a few more years may mean you'll need a flight suite to keep your old ass together whilst you stomp on the fun pedal. That is guna be a sweet machine.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks guys. I’m going to need something. I will keep you updated and hope all is well your way.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got paint. 3 coats 2015 Laguna blue and 6 clear. Can’t wait to see it in the sun.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts