Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, gotta put playing on hold for awhile. We're fixing to get slammed here good by Hurricane Frances tomorrow and I have the Rincon primed and ready for After Hurricane rescue and cleanup (if I'm still here). I went thru Hurricane Andrew in '92 and this one's as bad & maybe worse. The Rinny will definitely get some new duties after the storm. I'm shutting down the puter and stowing it away for a few days, so wish me luck and I hope to be back soon.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Luck and blue skies to you all.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I don't wish for anyone to come in harm's way but it would be neat to turn on the news and see some snorkeled quads running around in waist deep water helping out in anyway they can. Kind of makes you wonder what the guys in boats would be thinking to see a couple of snorkels blow by them. SXFlyer, this may be your chance to claim fame by being a real hero. We'll be watching..........heehee

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm right there with you sxflyer, this thing doesn't look good at all. Time to buckle down and get ready.

·
Registered
24 Posts
God be with you. We too, are preparing for the worst. We are survivors of Opal from a few years back. I would have never thought that storm would have went so far inland. IT TAUGHT ME A LESSON.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SXFlyer here.....Whatever you all did, it worked. Keep it up. Hurricane Frances dropped to a catagory 2 and spared us real devestation. However, Ivan is knocking at the back door so we are all staying battened down. I did get out after Frances with the Rincon and it was like riding a Jetski. Water, water everywhere. Not much cleanup duties though.....I'm not complaining.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deja Vu.......This is getting old....... OK guys, work your magic. Ivan is a catagory 5 (160mph). It's a long way off but it's coming. Make it go away. Where's a mountain when you need one?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maybe Cuba will be your mountain!!!!!!!! Chad

·
Registered
106 Posts
SX I bet my offer of windrock next week sounds better and better, actually I am going the 24th. You are still more than welcome to come up.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate it Bigmack. I just hope I'm not spending the time doing cleanup. Just painfully waiting now. I wish I could just fast forward and get it over, one way or the other. Might have to find me a little camper to tow behind my Rinny for a home. LOL (I lost my last one in Hurricane Andrew in '92)Gettin too old for this startin over shit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Brother, you will be in my prayers... I hope this storm bypasses you. I know this year already you have seen more than your share. Keep your head down...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts