Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
backstory - I have a 2001 Suzuki eiger 400, the machine is a beast.in 19 years it has newer stopped or broke.
I just got a 05 Rincon that was parked up for a few years,This forum has been a wealth of info.I cleaned the carb and tank out and now the Honda runs great as I figured it would( its a Honda).
the machine has only 130 miles on it so it’s basically new....
the question for the Masses is should I keep the Suzuki or the Honda, ?two different machines.
which one will be less grief to own and repair.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ! The Suzuki is a back breaking bear to drive,it’s like wrestling a greased alligator ,but it has been good to me,im hesitant to try something new I know nothing about.
just curious about others experiences with the Rincon.

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
I've had mine since new (2003) Sadly only a very small upgrade to a 680 in 2006 and really nothing since, removal of some of the refined parts like the cast Al, A-Arms now replaced with steel tube, it has never failed except for a wire issue (they fell off) a spark box (add on), but when it was installed it, I kept the stock wires etc. in case it failed so I did make it home with no problems after I reset the ignition bits. The Rincon uses engine oil for the clutches in the transmission. It is recommended to warm it b4 you drive it (thin the oil with some heat for better performance). The correct oil is also important. It uses a torque converter, and a 3 speed transmission. Throttle control is less important on the carb units (03-05) as the Fi units didn't like the quick throttle stabs as it would flood. Always stop the wheels before you shift from /to forward/reverse. Best is to go ride, come back with your questions and someone with experience will reply to help you. Say bye bye to the Suzuki, you just gained possession of an ATV Cadillac :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts