Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Rincon 680 FA and all stock except for 1 1/2 inch lift for 26 inch tires 5-2 custom rim offset.
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I was thinking that I should put a small post in where the new members do and say Hello, I am new to this forum, but not really new to Honda atv's, as I have been riding the 4 wheels for over 20 years and riding two wheels for over 40 years.
This is my 2011 680 Rincon that has been stored in a garage for 2 years after a roll over, but not from myself, I decided to tear it down and replace all the wearable parts and replace with OEM, it's about 60% complete, started with the front and now on the rear, frame looks great/Straight and the steering shaft was removed as well to check for straightness as that's where it took the brunt of the roll over, its nice and straight as well, replaced lower steering shaft bearing and seals as well.
Front is actually all back together now, just waiting on bearings and brake pads to come in for the rear, I will post some after pics when I am all done.

CHEERS!!!!!

P.S. as a new member of the forum and have only posted a couple of times, Thanks to the members o who replied back with your feedback, much appreciated.

All back together and no spare parts left over lol, runs great, took it for a dry test run, no water or mud, as I had to order the rear caliper piston kit to rebuild it, a bit of a malfunction at the junction when I tried to install new pads on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
Looks like yer almost done. The fall is my favorite season for riding, and being in the woods.

I see a little evidence that you ride 2 up. Careful there, warnings on the ATV discourage it and the DNR up here write tickets for it. Rider training is never a bad thing no matter how good we think we are, a refresher and maybe some new knowledge can be had. Insurance companies are now giving a discount if you attend a "Rider Safety Course" Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2011 Rincon 680 FA and all stock except for 1 1/2 inch lift for 26 inch tires 5-2 custom rim offset.
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like yer almost done. The fall is my favorite season for riding, and being in the woods.

I see a little evidence that you ride 2 up. Careful there, warnings on the ATV discourage it and the DNR up here write tickets for it. Rider training is never a bad thing no matter how good we think we are, a refresher and maybe some new knowledge can be had. Insurance companies are now giving a discount if you attend a "Rider Safety Course" Good luck.
I see you have a good eye and noticed the foot pegs, they were actually on the machine when I purchased it back in 2015, the original owner had a 2up seat on the back, that was the first thing I removed, but I left the pegs there for if someone broke down, I could give them a lift, Growing up in the country/bush pretty well all my life and now living in north eastern Ontario about 7 hours north of Toronto, there is a real mixed bag of terrain to ride up here.
And yes a riders safety coarse should be a must for all new riders and maybe even some seasoned one's as well, fall is my favourite season, cooler air is welcomed for sure, I'm going to miss the fall colours from central Ontario, because up here all we have is jack pine and popular and some birch, so we don't get much colour in the fall.

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
I'd loose those pegs, might wind up taking some of your leg in a roll over. If your worried about the other guy.... don't. I'll send you a couple of the Cabot Trail when we ride it next month. Should be full rainbow by then!
Something like this only I will take the photo :)

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd loose those pegs, might wind up taking some of your leg in a roll over. If your worried about the other guy.... don't. I'll send you a couple of the Cabot Trail when we ride it next month. Should be full rainbow by then!
Something like this only I will take the photo :)
View attachment 21412 View attachment 21413
LOL, I wasn't the one who rolled mine, but good advice with removing them as they are just something else to impale you with, the photo's remind me of the Parry Sound area, on Georgian Bay/Lake Huron my former home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts