Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here cause i just bought my first ever Rincon!!! Ive had a ton of Ranchers and Foremans but never could afford a Rincon until today!... only because i found a wrecked one! Ha! I scored a 06 Rincon with 784 Miles on the Odometer! All the plastic is in perfect condition just needs a frame cause the guy hit a big rock running 20mph on the bottom right (sitting on bike) of the front skid plate. It pushed the whole front end to the left a couple inches and pushed the right side of the frame upward. I would love to find a good frame to swap everything over to! I live in Ky but Fastenal will ship anything that will fit on a pallet anywhere in the Continental US for $150. If anyone has one please let me know! Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Did he bend the frame or JUST the front bumper support?

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
You might try Chaparral in California. When I was repairing a bent motorcycle, they had the cheapest prices on expensive front forks. I looked around some too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man! Im hoping for a used one but if all else fails im gonna have to order a new one. Can't believe those guys are that much cheaper than Partzilla!

You might try Chaparral in California. When I was repairing a bent motorcycle, they had the cheapest prices on expensive front forks. I looked around some too.
Thanks! I will try to look into that place tonight!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Little update! Need some input on this one! I found a 05 650 Frame for $150! I do realize this is for the carb model and wont have the fuel pump brackets on it i'm sure. I am pretty handy with a welder and for $150 i may give it a shot. Has anyone ever used a 650 frame on a 680? Just curious what else might be different...I'm thinking that I may have to zip tie some wires or something becuase it might not have a tab for my wiring harness? Any input would be great! Thanks fellas!

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
I can tell you that somewhere along the way, Honda cheaped out and switched from forged aluminum rear A-arms and the same upper front A-arms to welded steel. I am not sure if the frame tabs, where the A-arms bolt up are the same.

Other than that, I see no huge problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can tell you that somewhere along the way, Honda cheaped out and switched from forged aluminum rear A-arms and the same upper front A-arms to welded steel. I am not sure if the frame tabs, where the A-arms bolt up are the same.

Other than that, I see no huge problems.
Was that the later models? Mine has the forged Aluminum on it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts