Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance. -first.....

A friend gave me a 2005 Rincon and I'll need some help if you can.

I live in New Smyrna Beach Florida, just south of Daytona Beach. I have a bunch of acreage (Oak Hammock) south of my home on the beach to get away from it all, with a cabin off grid, pole barn and water tower. I have an ASV RC30 Skid steer, Mitsubishi Ag Tractor I bush hog with, two 2001 JD Gators 4x2 and 4x6, and eight chainsaws. I can build buildings and structures from foundation to finish in wood, steel or concrete, and my professional career I manage design of Road and Bridge projects for FDOT. I surf, design/build disc golf courses, and I have a few things that go Pew-Pew, because I like fresh vegetarian four-legged critter meat.

Right this minute- I'm searching the site trying to locate a WIKI I see mentioned, looking for a SM and IPL if anyone can help me locate it?

Trust me, I'm searching topics and not just looking for the easy way. I am in few different Message boards, like Chainsaws, and tractors and heavy equipment- so I already know which 2 stoke mix oil is best? And Disc golf- "whats the best course to play in XXXXXX? "

Wilbur, ( every machine needs a name) Lifted on ITP's, radiator relocated, and snorkeled, which likely will get returned to stock. He enjoyed mudding and water wheelies, and I am sure I will not. My land is heavy on trees and not so much water..... I don't want the rad damaged in my riding terrain.

Machine is in decent shape really. I need a set of bars, one handle is rusted off, deleting the heated hand grips. I need rear u-joints, needs axle boots on the front- may just buy complete axles for the inexpensive costs I am seeing, air filter (returning it to stock). May need to take the carb back to stock when I clean it. Although I don't know how its jetted for the LMF exhaust he put on it. He mentioned he put a gear kit in it for water wheelieing, instead of the stock? It also needs the shift fork? He relayed its a known problem, but if I remember what he said, you don't have to split the engine to get to it, just pull the rear sub frame off to get at it. It was running two months ago, and I got it to run for 30 seconds before I was satisfied I needed to relax and get these obvious things fixed and do full fluids changes.

So you can see the need for a Part list or manual is step one for me.....

The rest of the chassis is remarkably rust free throughout the frame, the alum parts are not as corroded as one might think when you see a steel handlebar rusting out

While working, I've got Amazon open, and E-Bay, and will now go to Rocky MTN or Bike Bandit and am counting on them have some searchable manuals and part numbers and go from there- but I am a bit old school too, and like to have my own manuals if I can get them. I AM paperless in my professional world.....

I am not cheap nor a serious bargain hunter so....

I will close out threads when I start them, and if I can contribute to a thread I will.

Again- thanks in advance.

GeeVee

·
Registered
87 Posts
Apart from the manual I find the part websites that have exploded diagrams useful as you can see exactly what your looking for and how much. Genuine Honda parts are highly regarded and often not much more expensive if you order online. There are a couple of exceptions.
Partzilla, motorcycle goodies etc.

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
That's a long post without a clear question. I assume Honda still sells the big paper manual and that is the one I bought in 2003. I would put it back to as close to stock as you can.

If it has a gear reduction, it would be good to ask your friend if he used parts from a Honda side x side. If not, that is the first thing to fix. With a gear reduction in it, you probably should run 26 to 27 inch tires. Stock is 25.

You seem to already have a comprehensive list of wasted parts, so that would be a good place to start.

I will be honest, it sounds like you may have your work cut out. Stock Rincons are durable as can be and several of us have old ones with lots of mileage. When you run any ATV in the water and with big tires, you end up with issues like you have.

Reactions: skylinediscgolf9

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apart from the manual I find the part websites that have exploded diagrams useful as you can see exactly what your looking for and how much. Genuine Honda parts are highly regarded and often not much more expensive if you order online. There are a couple of exceptions.
Partzilla, motorcycle goodies etc.
Yes thanks, I was hunting a manual for free. Now, I know in some circles manuals are freely distributed, and in others they are not, so i was taking a chance on requesting one without upsetting anyone. Already found the bars, cv axles, and pieces to send the radiator back to its home, and you're 100% correct on the parts sites being super helpful- particularly if you have some decent mech knowlege to begin with. My only kryptonite is 12 v electricity. But at this time the machine started and the dash lit up, so I'm okay so far. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a long post without a clear question. I assume Honda still sells the big paper manual and that is the one I bought in 2003. I would put it back to as close to stock as you can.

If it has a gear reduction, it would be good to ask your friend if he used parts from a Honda side x side. If not, that is the first thing to fix. With a gear reduction in it, you probably should run 26 to 27 inch tires. Stock is 25.

You seem to already have a comprehensive list of wasted parts, so that would be a good place to start.

I will be honest, it sounds like you may have your work cut out. Stock Rincons are durable as can be and several of us have old ones with lots of mileage. When you run any ATV in the water and with big tires, you end up with issues like you have.
Yes Sir, I realize. I was trying to get my introduction in and get around to describing my new toy.... Been a Honda fan since I was old enough to twist a grip, and have had many, my youngest two kids outgrew their CRF's and those wait patiently for my grand daughters to grow into them. (The DIL will have to be sedated, and my oldest son will have to be tied to a chair. But thats another story.....

My young friend who gifted it to me most certainly used OEM and is a software engineer, so he knows electrical, and he is a very particular person, nothing is half assed, nor rushed into. It does have like new ITP 27's. He may have manuals digitzed, but locked away in a server somewhere in his office.....

Heck- at this point I'd be happy to get the owners manual, this thing has way more electronic stuff on the dash than I'm used to..... I shun this kid of stuff normally. My HD Sportster (83 XLX) will run on one cylinder and no battery, but still get home. My 4x2 Gator has 4500 hours on bone stock original motor and trans. The 6x4 only has 450h..... I like simple.

I appreciate the reply Corndog. Like I said, I kind know what a new forum lurker is like. - I spent most of yesterday searching and found some useful info for sure, and the parts? Well, they're on a big brown truck already.

Pics- so we all know it happened?

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
@skylinediscgolf9,

Pardon my intial coarse response. And welcome to the forum. The electronics on the Rincons are typically trouble free. So is the machine. Mine is a 2003 and is at 13,000 miles. I use it routinely.

None of the issues you are faced with are that difficult and probably covered here in detail and with tricks not included in the factory manual. This forum and a real manual go together like "peas and carrots".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New World Disc. golf in Jacksonville the best course in south east. 5 courses
Well, its nice and all, but not the best in the Southeast, no matter how you draw the line around the Southeast. I like Robbie and his team- nice guys. LOL. I've played 150 courses in 15 states and four countries so I don't really engage in "Whats the Best" (My friends in Colorado had to make a sticky post in their FB page asking visitors to stop asking.....) IN the southeast, I prefer the IDGC. If I had to though, this year I replaced Flip City in Michigan with Sandy Point in Wisconsin, played Flip a couple years ago, and played both a day apart from each other this September- Sandy Point went to the top- no thorns, no vines and perfect tees with no drop off hazards and good run up room. Don't get me started on how overated Maggie is at Suwannee. Zero maintenance and every tee pad is a six inch drop off, signage sux....

I am kind of partial to the 7 courses I have designed financed and built and continue to maintain. But- they aren't the "Best" by any means. Perhaps you have played Doris Leeper, Holland Park, Glencoe, or Crossroads in NSB? Or Burns (kids private school course) or Gum Branch in Camden Counnty GA? Or Heritage Harbor in Bradenton? I'm building 2 more in Camden on the same piece of land, another in Tucker Georgia this winter, and have Edgewater and Port Orange FL in budget. I also have my own piece of land and set up once a year for invite only play, but I mix that up each year.
Hit me up on FB at NSB Disc Golf or www.nsbdiscgolf.com to come visit with us during league. On the website at the bottom is a two minute video

1 - 8 of 8 Posts