Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thanks in advance.....well here goes,I tinker,not a pro,fyi... I got a deal and a half,when I picked up over 20+ (mainly hondas) quad parts bikes.
There's like 1 and a half of everything. Well I put together a 2004 foreman ES and got 27" itp mud/snow tires,full racks,working on a lift kit.
I put a few others together, with and without due migraines. Anyhow,I pieced together "frankenstein" 2004? Rincon650es and majority of it works.
In beginning I had extra large brand new lawnmower battery connected so I'd be able to work longer on it as to not wear battery fast,I swapped, replaced shift solenoids, ecm(brain?) Starter,a few switches on handlebars.main dash.
All good in beginning, started fine,ran pretty good.4x4 and dash and gears all lite. Shifted,had power,4x4 switch turned lite on /off,tho I hear no mechanical noise. I decided to put in brand new battery as it called for. .and yup,,,all heck went chitty....I did try sync tps a few times and even put new carburetor and tps(synced again) tried putting big battery back and rebooting comp..... nothing helps... it now hard starts,and won't get proper throttle response(dogs out). I dont want to go dealer,as I feel its something(s) simple I've overlooked. Any help is good help thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
Really the only answer is to go back over it all. Start by taking all the connectors you were working on, apart again, and make sure they are clean and no bent pins. Why did you swap the ECM? If no reason, put it back on and your TPS should be OK. When you put the new battery on, did you clean the cable terminals and make sure they are tight?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really the only answer is to go back over it all. Start by taking all the connectors you were working on, apart again, and make sure they are clean and no bent pins. Why did you swap the ECM? If no reason, put it back on and your TPS should be OK. When you put the new battery on, did you clean the cable terminals and make sure they are tight?
I shall go back with baby steps,, **ecm was missing on this runner,and I took from 2nd parts quad ...I did as you suggested and recleaned battery connectors,,,same.
It starts first try with no choke or additional throttle,it just still has terrible throttle response. And thanks for fast response. Any other pointers?

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
I Assume the ECM came off a 03/05 Rincon correct?
As you said it did run, so I won't suggest linkage etc. The TPS adjustment below is tricky, you may need to do it a few times to get used to the routine. When you used that "Big Lawn mower battery" I assume it was 12V? The specs on the new one are? .....? Did you verify the proper battery connection, I know this sounds like going over the basics, but you need to back up and check everything you touched.... then do the TPS adjustment. One bent pin can make a world of trouble. I would remove connectors, clean and verify each pin is straight and no corrosion.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Assume the ECM came off a 03/05 Rincon correct?
As you said it did run, so I won't suggest linkage etc. The TPS adjustment below is tricky, you may need to do it a few times to get used to the routine. When you used that "Big Lawn mower battery" I assume it was 12V? The specs on the new one are? .....? Did you verify the proper battery connection, I know this sounds like going over the basics, but you need to back up and check everything you touched.... then do the TPS adjustment. One bent pin can make a world of trouble. I would remove connectors, clean and verify each pin is straight and no corrosion.
12v riding lawnmower battery,use them on others,no problems .
So I put new choke/start kit in, now it doesn't even move...I tweak ed the TPS,,,and reset comp as above,,,its worse now.

Today I'll have to redo choke and try to adjust TPS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts