Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bike Saturday and ordered a big tire kit, look what I picked up today. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
27x12x12's in the rear

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last pic, I promise. :) More pics are in my profile.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I had a set of 27's on mine and liked them. I don't do alot of mud riding so I replaced them with the ATR's. I will be putting my 27's on my stock wheels to use for mud. They work great in the mud too. I went riding in Spring,TX with a buddy of mine with my stock wheels and tires and then again with the Mudlites and the difference was unreal. I was able to go through alot of places I couldn't even attempt before. I think you will really like them. Have fun.

·
Registered
800 Posts
the new tires look huge, the mud lites give your rinny a mean look to it.so how much wider is your rinny with her new shoes? and keep your old tires and rims just incase you need to take it back to the dealer for any reason.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Amen on keeping your stock tires, dealer service departments poo poo big tires even if their own shop mounts them up to make a sale........made a post of my experience with this problem at my PREVIOUS DEALER

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mjpjr45 sweet, I hope I liked them, paid a pretty penny for them. :)

silveradoman not sure on how wide it is now, havent measured. I know they are heavy, I couldnt wheelie anymore. :( I put the stock tires back on the front, kept the Mudlits in the read and I was back riding 2 wheels. I'm gonna put the stock wheels and tires on until I go mudding or in trails, I ride on the street alot here, I want these tires to last. :) thanks for the heads up about the wheels I had no idea.

Corndog right on, got a link about your situation?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does any one have anything to say about what tires are best for my 05 rincon looking for some new shoes for it

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
What do you ride in mostly? I use the Bridgestone Mud Hook XXtremes on mine and they will get you through about anything. Click on mu URL button for more tire and wheel choices.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
yo matt h. Let me know how the bike feels with power loss from these 27" tires. Do you have any mods? Do they ever rub? Bottom out?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have definatly noticed a power loss but it wasnt a huge loss. I can still turn the tires on the bike just fine. I don't have any preformance mods as of now. I have yet to bottom out, or rub while completly turned or even jumping.

I do plan on getting a Jet kit, exhaust kit, and intake to make up for the power loss and gain more. :) I can still pull the wheels off the ground with the heavy ass wheels and tires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have 28 21x12gator on back an 28 10x12 front when i shortend the carb spring i went back to pulling wheelys again .....57 is my top speed wide open...woot!!

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
MattH, I am not sure what "situation" you are referring to. More info please.

·
Registered
102 Posts
BRK I ride on trails mostly but do go on the road to do some midnight runs with freinds and are woman but do go off road time to time on are mid night runs I LOVE LIVING IN THE COUNTRY. Thats why my freinds come doume to do midnight runs. most of the time the woman say at the camp fire or they dont come at all then its fum time on the midnight runs. i was looking at the ITP 589 and the mud lites ya or nay

·
Registered
102 Posts
BRK I go mudding a lot also

1 - 16 of 16 Posts