Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Rarely do I post a mechanical or electrical question usually search the threads. I think of myself as a decent mechanic but will always look for help when I'm stumped.

I have a 2007 680 Rincon with Fuel injection never beaten always ridden in fields or slow in the wooded trails, with about 500 miles on it, not sure of hours.

I unloaded it off of a trailer and got off the cold (outside was 85°F) machine. I was 3 feet from it and it stalled and never started again. It will crank strong the battery load test was fine and just because my Polaris had a new battery, I used that new one as a trial on the Rincon.

I have no spark at the plug or the boot with a tester in line or grounded to the head. I checked stop switch and seemed to open and close with DMM ohm test. The coil did not test bad as far as shorted with ohm check. I do not have a peak voltage tester and limited on time to work on it so I sent it to the dealer hoping for the answer.....

They told me it was Crank sensor or pulser I think it is called. After a week I checked back and they ordered the part and were replacing it to see if that fixed it. At that time I realized they don't have the tools either and were throwing parts as I would have. That didn't work so they called Honda Rep. and they said ECM was bad. They ordered it, replaced it and still not working. so now after 3 weeks of testing, Honda is sending a factory Tech? (if there is such a thing) out with a second ECM and more info.

They told me they tested the angle bank sensor, the coil, the switches, the crank sensor (new), and the machine has no codes before or after the ECM swap.

Does anyone have any suggestions so I can get this thing back before it costs more than it is worth?

Thanks and Sorry for the long post,
Cr525

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar issue. It turned out to be. Bad ecu i put the new computer in and it fired right up. Did you say they have already replced the pick up coil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, Rarely do I post a mechanical or electrical question usually search the threads. I think of myself as a decent mechanic but will always look for help when I'm stumped.

I have a 2007 680 Rincon with Fuel injection never beaten always ridden in fields or slow in the wooded trails, with about 500 miles on it, not sure of hours.

I unloaded it off of a trailer and got off the cold (outside was 85°F) machine. I was 3 feet from it and it stalled and never started again. It will crank strong the battery load test was fine and just because my Polaris had a new battery, I used that new one as a trial on the Rincon.

I have no spark at the plug or the boot with a tester in line or grounded to the head. I checked stop switch and seemed to open and close with DMM ohm test. The coil did not test bad as far as shorted with ohm check. I do not have a peak voltage tester and limited on time to work on it so I sent it to the dealer hoping for the answer.....

They told me it was Crank sensor or pulser I think it is called. After a week I checked back and they ordered the part and were replacing it to see if that fixed it. At that time I realized they don't have the tools either and were throwing parts as I would have. That didn't work so they called Honda Rep. and they said ECM was bad. They ordered it, replaced it and still not working. so now after 3 weeks of testing, Honda is sending a factory Tech? (if there is such a thing) out with a second ECM and more info.

They told me they tested the angle bank sensor, the coil, the switches, the crank sensor (new), and the machine has no codes before or after the ECM swap.

Does anyone have any suggestions so I can get this thing back before it costs more than it is worth?

Thanks and Sorry for the long post,
Cr525
What was the problem I’m having the same issue with an 07 rincon?

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
These posts really annoy me. They complain, do something drastic and we never hear back. Over a year ago Gasman12. I doubt you will get a reply from the OP. If you have any codes (blink sequences) on the meter, post back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeh seems to be the common thing people give advice and no follow up I don’t get it.Mine is a 2007 rincon 680 very low miles just bought it off older gentleman with 140 miles this summer I put 100 miles on it and last time out with my son there’s a small track with a pretty good burm on it I went around few times and last time as soon as I came off it machine died immediately.waited and it started headed home half way there died again.Got into garage checked no spark dry plug thinking bad bank angle sensor since it died immediately after going around burm.No codes

·
Registered
15 Posts
check the ckp sensor on the resistance - a good ckp sensor should be 190-200 ohm mine as it was broken it was 450-500 ohm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts