Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killed the battery after leaving the key on overnight. After I got it charged and started it back up, the display showed more miles and hours than it should have. Both A&B trips were zeroed. Haven't confirmed it yet, but I also think it's counting miles off a little quicker now.

Anyone know of any secret reset codes/methods for the dash?

Yeah...I know, ya'll can quit laughing now...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
you have to turn the key off and on 23 times in a row, stand on one foot while reciting the gettysburg address while smoking a marlboro red (has to be a red), at the last sentence of the address.....kick your tire and set your clock ! :)

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Mac Morgan, welcome to the site. Don't pay CAV much attention. It's Saturday morning. You know.Justgetting overFriday night. And besides that we found him way up in the hills of `Harlan County KY (TRUE). "CAV is a real good feller who is just going back to work after 5 months off and he feels like he has the keys to the coal mine.

Mac are you sure you're reading your odometer in Kilometers. They tick off pretty fast. I don't know why somebody would ever come up with the metric system?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
LOL...I was huggin a tree a pissin on a bear when they found me :)

I didnt notice this was your first post, Welcome ! And yes, thats my Saturday morning humor for ya....lame, I know :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! Are you suggesting he may be suffering from the random and mysterious early morning virus? I've had those...might have one tomorrow morning as we've got a rodeo tonight in Williamston. ;-)

Thanks for the welcome, I found this site when I first got my new 07' in November of 2006, and haven't been back in a while. Never had a problem until now! And this isn't really a problem, just an annoyance.

As far as the speedo set to metric, I'll check. I hadn't thought about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SunkAgain:

Ha! take a look at your dash...it can only do mph! I didn't go out and look at it until Saturday. It was a good idea though.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Mac, I have seen a 2001 Rancher meter change from MPH to KPH when someone hooked up jumper cable backwards. Never did get to reset to MPH. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Grumpy2 that is weird, makes me wonder if thepod can be programmed with the right tool.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
ive had a problem with mine also. My 8 year old nephew was messing around on my atv and left the key turned on. I get on it the next day and the display that shows the hours ridden had advanced almost 13 hours. is this normal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that would explain the additional hours (very accurately), but the additional mileage is still mystery.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
You mean to tell me I can change my pods display from MPH to KMPH? Can someone confirm this? I'd really like to set mine to KM.

Chad

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Chad,was your bike was purchased in the USA ? If so, its mph for you....km Canada. Don"t think you can change it, like Ultra said.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Yeah, it's an american bike, I just saw Grumpy2's post and got a bit excited.

Chad

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
1 mile = 1.60247 km! /CFIDE/scripts/ajax/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
damn ontarians, always gotta be smartasses ;) hahaha just kidding ;) Do you ride in the winter? My buddy drives a truck and got a speeding ticket and lost his licence for a week in December, we're looking for somewhere to go for a roadtrip and do some riding while he can't work.

Chad

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Trust me guys. I didn't think it possible either. But it's a fact it did happen. The heated grips were left on for two days, battery totally dead. When the guy tried jump it off he hooked it up wrong. After that the meter read in KPH not MPH. The gear position would not show 5th gear anymore. It ran great, still dose. Just the meter is screwed up. Honda would not cover it because it had heated grips.

·
Super Moderator
6,667 Posts
Sunk said..."I don't know why somebody would ever come up with the metric system?"

Lookit yer hands..... see 10 not 12 eh.... makin any more sense now... If the hands bog you down remove the socks and wow.... 2 sets of 10! We humans are built to metric standards, it is only youz Americans that need to count in dozens..

Wanna splain dat one Mr. Sunk!

;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As a reminder to those no-believers, the display on my 2007 has the "MPH" letters permanantly imprinted on the glass of the display, not in the LCD display itself. Same thing for the word "Hours".

So, no Metric option.

NEXT!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts