Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner since Christmas. Did the break-in and 100 mile service. The oil & filter change although easy turned out to take forever. The oil just wouldn't run in very fast. I tried everything including taking out the dipstick. Anybody experienced this? Any solution?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a small hand pump that I use to change the oil in the lower unit of my outboard engine. Screws into a quart container and you pump it into the unit. I am going to try that next time and see if I can run the tube down the fill tube on the Rincon a few inches and just force feed it. They cost about $6.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go to Auto Zone and get one of the long "specialty" funnels. They are real long around a foot and a half long or so with it getting very small at the bottom and large opening at the top. It will fit right into the top of the fill hole. I can put in 3 quarts in less than 3 minutes on the Rincon. But yes you are right if you try to pour them into the fill hole directly it will take you about 30 minutes.

The long funnel is a life saver.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good idea Luver

.: gets into car and speeds for autozone :.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad to have helped. Since im totally obsessed with my oil being clean I change it constantly. I just wasnt working trying to pour it directly in so I tried a few things and found the long funnel trick it works awesome. Makes changing the oil almost fun. :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes, I will second the long funnel idea. Wal-Mart has one that is black fits securely and stands by itself while taking a quart at a time. Pour and walk away for 30 seconds and it is ready for the nexr quart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts