Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need a little help here I changed my oil on friday with the Rotella Syntehtic(Blue Bottle) did everything I needed to as per pouring in,running for 3-5 min. and letting sit for 2-3 min and checking on level surface afterwards. The manuel calls for oil to be between two marks on dipstick and I noticed after I got things topped of that I had filled to top line, is this to much??? The reason I asked is because I made a few blast on the Rinny after I came out the woods hunting and about an hour ago I had my Rinny on my trailer and noticed a oil leak, so I removed the skid plate and check the oil plug and it was fine,the filter assembly was fine and the dipstick and filler hole was secured, but I noticed the little overflow tub(I guess) underside had some wet residue in it look much like oil I also noticed under the engine where there's a shaft and a hose with a fitting(frt engine) seems to may have been leaking also, can some one enlighten me on this, this bike ONLY have 118 miles on it with about 28 hours and this damn thing is leaking aready I'm hoping it may was a little over filled and was venting if not it's going back to the dealor tuesday morning,and that will be after I blast on it tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Marcus,

·
Registered
518 Posts
Putting new oil in should not (could not ?) cause a leak !
Equally, if you have it filled to the top mark on the dipstick and no further, then it is not over full and should not be leaking.

it is more likely that the oil you are seeing was residue on the engine casing from draining the sump and changing the filter. Wipe it clean and dry, take it for another blast and if the oil re-appears then you may have a leak - if it doesn't then you should be good to go....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rin it's looking like I have a seal leak arond the front seal on the shaft coming out of the bottom side of engine.Thank you for the post Big Guy!! Gone

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found tha leak tha oil seal on the frt drive shaft had a small whole in it probably from a stick or something any ways my dealer has it and it will be fixed tomorrow and I'll be BACK in tha woods on thursday HUNTING--- THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!. Gone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts