Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked my new toy up on the 11th of June. Had a little spot of oil on the garage floor under the front tranny area. Didn't think anything of it as the dealer told me they spray the undercarriage with oil for shipping purposes. Rode the next day about 20 miles & everything seemed OK. Finally went out to clean it up on the 17th and check things over. Had oil ALL over the front end. Was very upset to say the least, but after re-routing the carb vent line I decided to find the source. Turns out to be the top port of the oil cooler. Taking the line off and looking in the port, there was a tool gouge or something that wasn't allowing the o-ring to seat properly. There was a visable drip when it was running. Not sure how that got thru inspection in the first place.

Called up the service manager and they said I had to bring it in. He looked at it and said they'd get the parts to replace. Well we walked out back and they had another '05 still in the crate. They robbed the cooler off that one and put on mine. Very impressed that they did that for me. Hope nobody else has a factory defect like that. Rode this weekend again and all seems to be good to go. Later everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow thats a great lie I have never heard of spraying oil on the underside of anything for shipping purposes unless it was strapped to the bow of an oceangoing cargo vessel in a hurricane that dealer is a great lier and from being in the trucking business I can tell you that freight leaking oil does not get loaded due to EPA concerns

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No offense mooniac, but just relax a little. Dealership had no reason to lie to me as I've been a customer for many years. And if you'd read the WHOLE post you would see that they fixed the issue without any problems. Only things I lost out on was a little travel time and some gas. I would be worse off if I had a bad dealer like some of the other folks on here. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts