Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed an oil leak coming from the seal of the front drive shaft.My 2003 Rincon is six months old and has 340 miles on it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
DL Miller,
Yeah, when I had my front end out to install the locker, I noticed some oil around the front seal. I tried to get a new seal from Powersports, but as usual they didn't have it and I didn't want to hold up installing the locker waiting for them to order it. I'm gonna order one online and change it later. Until then, I'll just pay closer attention to the oil level. Mine is under warranty but I just hate taking it to those idiots for anything, especially something like that, which requires alot of teardown. They would probably screw up somthing else and I wouldn't know about it. I'm only taking it in if something major breaks.-- Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This dlmiller again and I have since inquired the local honda dealer about fixing the oil leak and they say that even thuogh it was still under warranty, that it would not be covered because the seal was probably torn by a stick or some foreign object. I in turn went home and removed the seal that is easily replaceable by unbolting the front differential, sliding it forward enuogh that the drive shaft becomes unsplined. Then just pop out the torn lip seal and replace with a new one. Honda can get this seal but just like all honda parts it is expensive and they usally have to order it taking a week to come in.I went down to the local bearing/ seal distributor and they can get you one overnight for a couple of dollars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts