Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you guys clear something up for me i run motul oil in my valkryie interstate when i guestioned my dealer about synthetic oil for my rincon he said i could not run it because of the automatic clutch but here im reading where yall are running rotella a full synthetic so whos right i hate to screw up my rincon any help is appreciated TIA Steve

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
your dealer is a dumb back cuntry hick who doesnt know squat about jack all...

the only oils you cant run in your rincon are those with friction modifiers, those that are labled "Energy Conserving" in the API lable, or those that dont meet the JASO standard. take a look in the owners manual, I think off the top of my head its page 112, sorry I dont have my manual handy...

farking hell.. ignorant dumbass dealers... are ATV's a sideline to his 2 stroken lawnmower repair bizniz ? time for you to go down there and tune that clown up... infact, print this out and give it him....

ug... cant run synthetic oils... yeah, and Dolly Parton is all natural !...

·
Registered
338 Posts
damn mudchucker tells how you REALLY feel..lol..

p.s. you are so right...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I run Amsoil 0w-40 Full Synethetic in mine.

runs Great!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My problem with Amsoil. I ran Mobil 1 5 w 30 in my truck from 5K to 25K. Did not burn any oil. I switched to Amsoils 5w30 Full synthetic top of the line at 25K, well that was a mistake. I checked my oil and it started burning at 3K, on a oil that lasts 25K. I added 2 quarts over 7K and dropped the garbage out of my engine for good at 32K. Also i blew up my snowmobile on that garbage last winter, i melted down the PTO side cylinder on a 02 Viper which had 1100 miles on it. (2 stroke blow up, so i will rule out this as a freak thing) And the truck is at 45K i have been running Castrol GTX and just tried the Castrol Start up and i really like that stuff. On start up you hear no problems as you have with synthetic which is a grating sound since the stuff is so slippery it falls off and slides to the bottom of the engine (that was a bad but accurate description of what i think caused my dislike for synthetic) I will run 0W30 in the Rincon at my next oil change, will look for the Honda version.

There is no need to uptalk amsoil as they hadnt the decency ( which is why i have this dislike for their -Pyramid scheme, lets get you to sell us to your friend and start your own business scam they run- to reply to why this happened to me (the truck is a 02 Pathfinder 3.5L that is not burning Castrol for the past 10K nor did it burn Mobil 1 prior, i dont want to go back to synthetic since i swiched back to mineral oil. othewise i would.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I found this information on another site that I vist, some good information about oils.

http://www.xs11.com/stories/mcnoil94.shtml

·
Registered
371 Posts
Anyone use the Mobile MX4T full synthetic? I put it in mine but havn't had a chance to run it yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
nocnir- Sorry to hear you had bad results with Amsoil.I used the 0w-40 all summer in 95f and up with no problems.I have ridden this winter with it to with great results.Easy start up, smooth shifting, rtc.Alot of people swear by it though.

Have any of you guys ever tried Klotz Synthetic? I read a article in a 4 wheeler mag last summer that it is the best of the best when it comes to 4 stroke Synthetic oil.

I might try some 10w-40 come spring time shen I change my oil again,If any of you guys have experience with it let me know.

Rinny03

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Im at 600 miles or willbe in a couple of days...Im planning on changing over to full synthetic and bought Castrol Syntec (doesnt say energy conserving in the API circle)

my question is this... does anyone think this is too soon to change over ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I changed to synthetic Amsoil starting with the second oil change. I run it in the heat of the Arizona desert....works great. I use it in all my ATVs.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Doesn't Chevrolet put in full synthetic Mobil 1 in their Corvettes right off the assembley line?

I been using full synthetic Mobil 1 10w 30 in my Volkwagen Jetta's !!!!!

I read an article a while back and they tested this Mobil 1 oil on a Beemer (BMW) and ran the car 24/7 and put 1,000,000 miles on it using this oil.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
No change it, I changed mine over at about 250 miles.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Hey Mudchucker, we hit 5 below in Taylorsville, Ky. I figured they had to be chiseling your fingers off the Bar-B-Q by now.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
well get this... on sunday last week I used the BBQ to grill up some buffalo tenderloin... and it snowed right after I was done... now the farking grill is entoombed in ice...I cant get the lid open and the unit has a saftey valve so the gas wont come on with the lid closed.., it also shuts off the gas in the event the flame goes out and the lid is closed...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I changed mine at the first oil change, at about 100 miles.

John

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I did the change over on the weekend... here is somthing worth noting...
when I bought the rincon, the dealer gave me a free litre (pint quart what ever) of GN4 dyno oil.. its been sitting in my un heated garage next to my case of Castrol Syntec (full synthetic) for about the last 2 months...and its been in the -20C's (scroll up to convert ;) ) for quite some time now.. I opened the bottle of GN 4 and turned it over, nothing ran out, I sqeezed the bottle and big globulous mass of goo oozed out, when I released the presure on the sides of the bottle it whent ploop! right back into the bottle... when I poured the synthetic into the funnel, it was think like molassis, but it still poured.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mud,

What weight are you going to be using?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have played with synthetics over the years and this is my opinion...

1.) Low temp pour point, Great. I ran Mobil One in a CR500 and it made all the differance in the world kicking it when it was cold. At 15°f (-9°c) to 20°f(-6°c), it kicked like it was warm using 10w-30.

2.) Reduced heat, Great. I ran a test compairing dyno to syn in the differential of my Dodge diesel, with a Dana 80. Loaded was 17,000 lbs GCVW (7711 kg), ambient was 115°f (46°c). Differential temp w/ dyno was 220°f (104°c). Same conditions a week later with Royal Purple Syn. was 200°f (96°c). I think synoil has better heat transfer (like waterwetter) than friction reducing properties. This would explaine the reduced heat here, and the wear found in item 3 below.

3.) Reduced wear, Poor (or no better than dyno). I ran Mobil One in a 1991 Lincoln Town Car from about 500 miles to when I got rid of it at 175,000 mi. At about 120k mi. it started to use oil and I was very disappointed. I thought that using syn oil would have improved the engine life. This was not the case for me. In the end I don't think the cost of the Mobil One justified the advantages for the Lincoln.

In the end I would recommend, purchase Syn-oil for one of the first two but don't expect Syn-oil to make a machine last longer because of improved lubricity.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts