Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the speed bug has bitten me! Two weeks ago I installed a simple Jet Kit and K&N air filter. WOW, I was surprised how big of a difference it made on my quads’ low end. I am not a small guy but now my Rincon pulls the front wheels way up off the ground without any trouble (Even with me on it)! What a difference!

I know I need a pipe next but what else should I do to make this thing boogie? Looking to do this as cash flow allows so some kind of order of purchase would be helpful! Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Now you have me all excited like a small school kid jumping with glee!! I have my jet kit and K&N air filter with prefilter sitting on the counter. I am going to go to 03rincon's house this saturday and install it...I hope i notice the same things you have!! btw...what size main jet did you use? what is your elevation? And i have read a few posts about the air filter not fitting well...did you have any problems?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Chicago at about 600 feet (I think). I used the 144 main and the 2nd position on the e-clip. My K&N fit right in. It was a little tight but that's good if you ask me. I had no problem what so ever...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm using a 146 main for the winter, and a 144 in the warm season. Clip on 3rd notch with 2.5 turns out on mixture scew. My K&N fit fine, but if yours doesn't then just shave some plastic off of the "runners" behind the filter.

Jason, I have a write up on how to install the Dynojet kit on my website. www.yellow650rincon.vzz.net/djinst.html

Mark, I don't know what pipe to get for mine yet. It's just a hard decision, but I won't be getting one for awhile. Highlifter will soon be making an ignition module that advances the timing and will add around 5hp or so on bottom end and about 3hp mid range and 1.5 on top end. Maybe more, but those numbers are for the Prairie. All for about $110. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may go with a powertech 4. Reason be I have a $100 gift cert from highlifter and want to use it. Unless they can get me the HMF in red with a quite core. I thought about the sound and then thought about what my HOG sounded like with drag pipe and that wasn’t that bad...

The Rev Box is a big YES! I figure that, the tires and rims (hoping for C-SERIES TYPE 6) from the tire shoot out and I will be set until the warrantee goes away (my dealer is way cool about letting me slide with stuff). Then I am polishing and porting the heads, cam and piston. VROOM VROOM VROOM!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts