Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual seems to say it is ok to use a good wax but am hesitant. A friend used some on a bike he had and it began to fade and change color pretty soon after he used it. What do you use if anything? I have seen post on other forums of using STP's Son of a Gun before riding in mud and it cleans up easier. Any idea?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did read somewhere in a magazine about using a silicone type of spray before riding that would help with the clean up.I use to use WD-40 after washing it before and it worked pretty well until you ride in dust and then the WD-40 acts like a magnet to dirt then after riding you have to use degreaser to get it off.I just started using the silicone spray not sure if it is any better.

·
Registered
732 Posts
someone suggested mop-in-glow in another forum i read. Try it in hidden area first.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
The absolute best product is black magic tire wet in a spray bottle it is a clear silicone type polish works great on everything plastic red, green and the black around the tires, just wash the bike and spray it down with it and let it soak in a bit then wipe it all down, better than a show room shine...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mop and glow works well... I have used it a few times...... It dries and does not alow dust to stick like the others... silicone will attract dust... But will be easy to clean... mop and glow dries and makes it easy to clean.... I also use the silicone spray around moving parts though... helps keep out water and makes them easy to clean..... but they get dusty....

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have been using Honda Silicone spray for plastic and cv boots.

I spray it on and let it sit for 10 minutes then wipe off excess,so far so good!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to hear about the Honda silicone spray...CV boots really build up grime. I've used WD40 on 'em, and it works but it is takes quite a bit of rubbing still to get them clean.

·
Registered
15 Posts
DLMILLER hit the nail on the head.Armor all tire foam is the ****.Works great, just spray the whole bike down, tires, plastic, hoses, boots, everything.Wait about 15 minutes, come back and wipe off your plastic and rims, and it will look showroom new.I buy it by the case at wal-mart.

·
Registered
228 Posts
DLMILLER hit the nail on the head.Armor all tire foam is the ****.Works great, just spray the whole bike down, tires, plastic, hoses, boots, everything.Wait about 15 minutes, come back and wipe off your plastic and rims, and it will look showroom new.I buy it by the case at wal-mart

BUT WILL IT FADE THE PLASTIC???

jUST CURIOUS BEFORE I USE IT

RINNY03

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use the Honda spray for the plastic and seat, I like the smell..:p The boots and underneath I use Honda Brite.., then the spray on the boots.. Looks good to me.. I'll take a look at the ArmorAll.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All,
I have tried various products to prolong the shine on my Rincon, but regardless of what I use, I still have dull "blotches". I can't get rid of them. It only bothers me because I like to take care of my toys so they last. Anyone got an idea?

John

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just purchased these products. I also copy and pasted a description of the product. They also have leather, rubber wax/cleaner for porous surfaces.

Use this glaze on all paints with or without clear coats, glass, fiberglass, Plexiglass, plastics, metal surfaces, enamel, tiles, Formica and all non-porous surfaces. It is anti-static, non-abrasive and contains no ingredients harmful to paint, metal or plastic.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ooops! forgot the link.

http://superiorcarcare.net/klasse.html

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hey John,
don't want it to look dull.....don't scratch it. Of course in my case that would mean...."don't ride it". Mine is 8 months old and looks 5 years most of the time. Everytime I clean it and someone comments about how new it looks, & I always have to say, "Yeah, for about two minutes" .... Enjoy!

·
Registered
143 Posts
SX,
I know what you mean. It looks great until I get it off the truck. That is what I got it for, but it does look so-o-o nice for that short time.

John

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I know this is an old thread...just wanted to give my .02. I've been using Pledge on my plastic for a year and a half now. It puts a showroom shine back in and hides alot of the scratches and fading. Works great on the black metal too for shine. Also Pledge repels dust. Buy a can at any grocery store, clean your four wheeler really good, spray it all over the plastic, frame, handlebars and seat. Let it sit for a few hrs then wipe it off with a soft cloth. You will be amazed at how new the plastic and everyhting else looks. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll be happy :)

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
When I wash mine I use my Mr. Clean car wash. While it is still wet I spray Mequiars Quik Detailer on then dry with a towel. I have been doing this for a few months now. Water just beads right of plastic and mud comes off real easy. On the black trim I spray No Touch tire foam and let dry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is Armor All Original Protectant not good to use?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts